Friday, December 25, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Challenge - Day 23

Hello!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I've been so darned busy these last 3 days that I forgot to post day 23 - 24!  So I will post each one today along with day 25.  So sorry you'll see 3 posts from me, I'll try to keep them short.

For day 23 of the 25 Days of Christmas challenge with Linda & Kathy.  I shared this Asian themed card featuring some beautiful La- La Land dies and image, an Island Scrapbooking laser cut sentiment and a Hanko Designs Tsumugi cardstock & washi paper...


I had some fun with washi paper and the La-La Land lanterns banner.   I used the adorably sweet Paper Doll Marci Kimono.  Colored her with Copics, including her kimono with the pretty details.  I trimmed off her hair baubles because I wanted to keep it CAS. About the card base, I had already punched out the bottom part of this card with an EK success border punch so just dressing up the rest of the card was what it needed.   The lanterns were paper pieced with washi paper from Hanko Designs and I used gold foil for the tassels.  Here is a close-up of the lanterns.


Adding the red gems to the snowflake centers also ties in to the flowers on Marci's kimono,  I love the layout and of course the Asian theme.  This is another one of my favorite cards for this holiday season.


Thank you for stopping by and I do apologize for all the posts today.  Merry Christmas!!  Hope you are spending it with family and friends and enjoying the time together reflecting on this wonderful day.

xoxo,
Leanne

No comments: