Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My First Tilda Mini Calendar

Hello!

Today I have a fun project to share.  It's another mini calendar with a new-to-me stamp.  I was lucky enough to take advantage of the holiday sales over at the 7 College Kids Fund shop and picked up some cute Magnolia stamps.  As soon as I find the package I'll list her name.  {I checked the 7CKF store to link back but I only found the 1 that I don't have.  (lol)  I'll see if I can find a link somewhere else.}


This turned in to be one of those what am I going to do with these supplies kind of project?!  LOL!  I had the Polaroid picture frame, colored up the Tilda and a bunch of scraps on my table.  After much thought I came up with the calendar above.  It looks like a piece of 2x4 cut down right?!  I was trying to mimic the wood grain from the Polaroid frame.  I think I did a pretty good job.  Yay!  I had a scrap piece of MME pink gingham paper that was a pretty good size for a matte to the frame and the calendar.  I thought the sides were too plain so I used my new favorite MS border punch for a girly touch.  After that it was just a matter of finishing off the top.  Here's a close up of the colored image.

Violet Tilda

You can kind of see the sparkle around her, I went over it with my Wink of Stella clear pen.  I didn't have much to color here so adding that bright neon green background was fun.  She really stands out. 


Well it's as good a time as any to stop right here.  I'm going to sneak this one in to the current for only a few more hours, 7 College Kids Fund challenge of Anything Goes.  (hahaha)  Why not right?!  Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

Rachel Parys said...

Look at you go with your calendars!! lol! I am so jealous!! This is totally adorable! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!