Saturday, March 21, 2015

Distress Water coloring

Hello!!

I'm pre-posting today because I'm still hanging out with the ohana.  I have a couple of water color Distress ink cards to share.  Seeing these cute backgrounds on Eva's blog (Hi Eva!) really inspired me to give it a try for a quick and easy background.  Thanks again for the inspiration Eva!!

This first one uses some fun Spring like colors.


I added the kawaii stars from The Greeting Farm a grouping of stars from La-La Land Crafts, and a Walter & Winnie sentiment.  All were inked with black Versafine ink and embossed with clear powder.  Here's the inside, just a simple detail, but totally cute and fun!



I'll write a message in white with my new white gel pen.  The next one is a simple Congrats card I made for one of my co-workers who just celebrated her 25th anniversary!!  Dang!!  I hope I'm there that long.  (lol)  She likes pastel colors and Hello Kitty so thought this was a fun card for her.


Sorry about the picture, I took it at work prior to giving her the card.  I added some of my enamel flowers and found that cute HK with a paint brush in my stash.  Thought it looked like HK just finished painting that.  haha!  I used another Walter and Winnie sentiment with Versamark and wet embossed it.  Loved the pretty brush strokes.  Sorry no picture of the inside, I just printed a nice sentiment on some paper and adhered to the inside.

Definitely going to do this kind of cardmaking again.  They make great quick cards for any occasion. Thanks again Eva for all the inspiration!!

Okie dokes, have a great Saturday doing something fun and relaxing!  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow Leanne! These are so fun and pretty!

Rachel Parys said...

Loooove!!! I really need to sit down and do some watercoloring!! These are fantastic!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

LOVE the background on your cards. So cool and fun! Have a great weekend with your ohana.

eva said...

i love these backgrounds! and they're really so easy. have fun with your family!

Denice said...

Fabulous backgrounds....quick and easy are always best! Love the happy faced stars...they make me smile!

Rosie said...

Girl, you rocked those backgrounds!! Love these cards!! I need to give it a try!! Thank you for entering our FFF Challenge at The Greeting Farm! Hugs, Rosie