Thursday, February 19, 2015

Love with Paper Doll Marci Spring Showers

Hello!

Whew! That was a long title!  I have difficulties when trying to come up with a title for my posts. I usually go with the image and if there is a sentiment I incorporate that.  Sometimes when I am stumped I usually end up using the sentiment.  How about you?  Do you have a hard time with titles for your posts?  I'd love to hear how do you come up with your titles?  =D


Today's share is a little canvas project on a clear acrylic background.  I decided to try my hand at my version of mixed media.  I know I'm late to the party as it's all the rage, but when it comes to new things I tend to wait and see before doing.  (haha)  Here is the beginning of the project:


This is a mini canvas colored with Prima Color Bloom sprays in cobalt, summer sky & glistening waves.  The hanging heart banners & Love sentiment are from La-La Land Crafts.  The other hearts were punched out with a Fiskars heart punch & an EK heart punch.  I also stamped some hearts with a heart background stamp.  The image I chose is one of the newly released stamps from CHA, Paper Doll Marci Spring Time also from La-La Land Crafts.  I paper pieced her jacket after stamping the same heart background on to an extra stamped jacket; fun-cut it out and coloring with Copics.  The rest of her was so easy to color.  Here's a little close-up of the right side of the canvas showing off all the details.


The red patterned paper underneath the acrylic was a great find at my local scrapbook store.  I think I bought the last two sheets in the tray.  So happy I have an extra sheet for next year.  I used spray adhesive to glue the paper to the acrylic and it looks seamless.   Last I added a red and white polka dot ribbon.


So that's what I've been doing.  The is the second canvas I made, I'll share the other one in an upcoming post as well as some of the make & take projects from CHA.  For now it's time to sign off.   Thanks a lot for stopping by and thank you for the lovely comments.  Big hugs!

2 comments:

Denice said...

Who would have known this was your way of "jumping on the band wagon" with this cute mixed media project. You did a great job on this and the image is adorable...LOVE the hanging hearts!

Lynn said...

What a sweet treat bag and beautiful Valentine canvas. Sorry I haven't commented too much...traveling and my computer was not connecting to the internet for awhile. I did look at your blog via my cell phone but everything looks so much better on a big screen. You've been busy making wonderful crafts....please continue...I look forward to checking out your blog.