Monday, August 18, 2014

Keep calm and Party on

Hello!


Hope you all had a nice weekend.  One of my best buds from high school celebrated her birthday on Thursday.  Lately she's been in to attending raves and those all night outdoor dance parties.  For her birthday card I wanted to do something that fun yet CAS.  Too bad they don't have glow in the dark paper cause that would have been awesome!!  I think next year if she's still raving I'll look in to getting some glow in the dark markers.  (lol)  Here's what I came up with, would this be considered CAS?!

 

Oh boy how about some color, sparkle and some fun chevrons?!!  This one was a lot of fun to create. I went to the Glitzy glitter cardstock stack (DCWV) for this one.  This stack has gorgeous colors and the cool thing is the glitter is nice and soft.  If you run your fingers over it you won't suffer cuts from it.  Love this paper pad!!  That sentiment was stamped on to a smaller white glitter piece with Tsukineko Versafine ink in Tuxedo black.  For future I'll need to heat set this, because the ink doesn't dry fully on the glitter paper.  I matted the sentiment on to some black cardstock.  The chevrons are different sizes and colors thanks to my MFT die.


On Friday Jackie & I met up with my cousin Suzanne and her son Hunter at Disneyland.  Her husband and other son Alec met us later that day and then for dinner we went to Story Tellers Cafe where we dined with my cousin Chuck & his fiance Chris.  Here we all are right before we pigged out at the buffet.  It was an awesome day and evening.  Well time to say goodnight, I hope you all have a really terrific Monday and as always thanks for stopping by and leaving all the kind words, they inspire me to keep creating. 

3 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Such a wonderful card, love that style and colour comnbo....xxThe Journey is the Start

eunice said...

Love the glittery glamour and glitz! Very cool how the diecut chevrons all nest so perfectly for wonderfully pretty and colorful effect!

Unknown said...

Such a cute glitzy card! It would be cool for glow in the dark paper!!