Friday, July 11, 2014

LFF #75 - For a sweet friend... Hi :)

Hello!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Aloha Friday.  It's been crazy in my little part of the world and it doesn't seem to be slowing down.  Boy I wish I could win the lottery! hahaha!  Anyways, today I have a fun card to share for today's Lilo's Fun Friday #75.  I recently discovered a new (to me) digital stamp company called Little Blue Button.  I apologize, but I don't remember where I saw it to begin with.  It might have been Shirl's blog, she's always ahead of the game when it comes to finding new stamp companies, especially the digital kind. I purchased a few of their images but also downloaded this cutie, Sally with Heart, that was in their freebie section and made this card...


Had fun with this one.  Chose some items from my stash including the flowers, pearls and papers.  Colored her with warm Copics and E000, E00.  The dies used were from La-La Land Crafts (Heart Banner & Filigree corner)  I had some fun and wrote, "Hi :)" inside the hearts on the banner and popped them up with dimensional adhesive.  The sentiment is computer generated and I cut it in to a flag sort of banner and distressed it with Ranger TH Distress ink (Brushed corduroy).  Actually used that ink all over this card including the banner to give it a nice vintage look.  I loved the paper from MME with it's newpaper printing and the pretty blue design with the bird.  Everything was matted on to a silver piece of cardstock and then on to kraft cardstock for the card.   The flowers are from Prima. Here's a close up of Sally and the banner:


I've already printed her out a couple more times and colored her up differently.  Hoping to find some inspiration to add her to a card, or maybe a tag.. We shall see.  For now, it's back to the grind. I hope you all have a terrific summer Friday afternoon/evening and that you have a wonderful weekend!! Mahalo for stopping by, until next time!!
Lilo

5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw you are too funny! Yep, love me those digitals, but this time you colored her before I did. I've had her sitting in my file with the rest of them waiting to be detailed onto a card....I'll see if I can get to her this weekend or so.....TFS - you did beautifully with her....

Rachel Parys said...

She's a little sweetie pie!! Great muted colors!!!

Lynn said...

Gosh, this is a really, really great card. I love the design layout and especially admire the color palette. (I need to try being more adventurous with color choices.) I keep looking at this card to notice all the little details you included. You really made my mind creatively excited with this one....thanks!

Denice said...

Sweet....love the image and soft colors!!!
:Dxx

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Leanne, was just doing my blog comments and wowee this is one top notch card...love that stamp too, now I have to search for it...hehe addicting aren't they...love the MME papers too.xxx see you next comment...luv from Aussie...
The Journey is the Start