Monday, July 21, 2014

4, 3, 2, 1... Happy Birthday!

Hello!

Hope you all had a nice weekend.  It's back to grind for most of us right?!  Let's make it a good one!  Today I wanted to share a card I made for one of my co-workers.  We are celebrating his birthday on Friday and I wanted to make sure that I didn't wait until the last minute to make it.


The newest challenge over at The Cutting Edge challenge blog was a great inspiration. This challenge blog is related to the Tag You're It challenge blog.  Each is all about CAS and that's something that I'm always trying to accomplish for quick and easy cards for my inventory.   I'm really happy that I found this challenge blog because I have tons of dies that don't get used.  Hoping to use a lot more of them as each challenge theme is revealed.  So here is the inspiration for their current challenge:


I liked the color combo as well as the different elements used.  So that's what I chose to use.  Here are the supplies:  Neenah white, black, silver and kraft cardstock, MFT Tag You're It die, Tim Holtz filmstrip die, red/white ribbon, TE Graphic Greeting Birthday stamp (Inspired/Enabler by Rachel -thanks!), TE Party banner cutting platered hot red ink (MFT),  and numbers using the CC Cutters Bubble number die.  Here is the card:


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  This is definitely something that I'm not used to creating, but happy to try new things.  Hope my co-worker likes it as well.

PS - I can't remember when I last said this so I'll say it today, Thank you so much for all the wonderful and happy comments you've left me.  I really do appreciate them!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great Monday!

Linking up to this challenge:
The Cutting Edge Challenge: Challenge #4

7 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Mwahh!!! It's what I do! ;)

This is pretty flippin' awesome!! I love that banner plate, that would be great for so many different occasions!!!

eva said...

ha! i was thinking that stamp looked familiar! i will try to resist the temptation but it is an awesome sentiment for a bday card. great job with your card!

Denice said...

Of course your co-worker is going to LOVE this card!
What a great job on the inspiration picture....you did a wonderful job on it. The banner die is PERFECT.
:Dxx

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh how fun!! I so love all those subtle die cut banner background - very clever!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge - we're so glad you did!

Lisa A. said...

What a fantastic birthday card, Leanne!! LOVE how you used the colors and the windows for your numbers...so happy you joined the challenge this week at The Cutting Edge:)!!

eunice said...

Neat-o card! Way outside the box for me...but very cool indeed. Know your co-worker will love it for sure!

Unknown said...

this is the cutest idea ever!! Love the creative use of the film strip and the sentiments!