Sunday, June 22, 2014

Happy belated Birthday Janelle!

Hello!

Hope you're all enjoying the 2nd day of summer!

Today I met up with two of my good friends for a Vegan brunch that was delicious! My friend, Janelle, recommended this place since my friend Michele is trying to eat more Vegan dishes.  I'm willing to try new things and this place was great!  It helped that it was Vietnamese, so the flavors tasted the same, but without the actual meat.  Everything that was placed in front of us reminded me of regular Vietnamese food.  Sorry I don't have any pictures to share, I left my phone in the car. I know, I know that was bad! (hahaha)  Here's the link to the restaurant (Vinh Loi Tofu) and if you're in the area and would like to give it a try I highly recommend it.  They do get crowded so go early.

A month or so ago was Janelle's b-day and this is the first I've seen her since before her b-day.  I made a quick card using my newest Tiddly Inks stamp set, Flying High, that I just got on Friday.


Janelle has a dog named Ace and I thought it would be fun to make a card with the sweet dog that's included in this stamp set.  It almost looks like him. This is one adorable stamp set.  It also included the sentiment, I wrote in the "belated" right below.  Kept the card really simple. After adding in clouds and coloring the images I die cut the image with the pierced tag die from MFT, but kept it as a rectangle, not a tag.  Matted it on to black cardstock then matted that on to an embossed piece of white cardstock. Everything was then glued down on to a white card.  This was a fun and quick card to make.  Definitely need more of those for my stash. :) 


Before I sign off I wanted to send a shout out to Eva of Crafting This and That.  She was super nice to send me one of her awesome graduation cards (the red one).  She knew I was making some cards for a few graduates this year and said she had one that she was probably not going to use and asked if I could use it?  I said yes and it went to a very deserving individual last night. I almost kept it, the card was so darn cute!! I am so appreciative of her generosity. Thank you Eva!! He loved the card, but I think his mom loved it even more. :)

Alrighty folks, I hope you're all enjoying your summer!  Until next time Mahalo for stopping by!

8 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Bet Janelle loved this kawai'i card you made for her. Made me smile. Ummm, I love Vietnamese food...Crispy Noodles (yup noodles) is my favorite. Chomp, chomp. Have a great week.

Lynn said...

Love this card! It is perfect for a dog lover's birthday. The embossed background is a nice touch and adds great texture. I'm so happy that you shared this card with blogland.

Rachel Parys said...

I just love that darn dog!! Too cute!!!!!!!!!!

eva said...

sweet, sweet doggy bday card! i'm so glad you got to use the card! yay!

Colleen said...

The card that you made for your friend turned out fab. I am not usually into stamps with dogs, but the one that you used from Tiddly Inks is so cute.

Unknown said...

Awww this is really sweet. Love love your card.. made me smile :) .. and thanks for your nice comment on my card. Hugs xxx

Sara Mac said...

Aloha Leanne! Mahalo for stopping by my blog to comment. This birthday card is so adorable. Love that sweet little dog.

Denice said...

I think I've been enjoying summer too much....between gardening, reading, day trips....I haven't visited any of my usual blogs. I've missed soooooo much!

This is little pup is adorable...and as always, I am cloud envious! Another fun and fabulous card.
:Dxx