Monday, May 19, 2014

2014 - Graduate

Hello!

I wanted to share some graduation cards I finished featuring the cute Graduate from Sister Stamps, you can read all about this stamp HERE.  Now this stamp is so awesome!  Totally reminds me of when I graduated and we all had lots of flower leis draped over ourselves, not as many as you would find at Hawai'i graduations but enough.  I was inspired by crafty girl and Sister Stamp DT, Eva's cards featuring the Graduate and tried to case her awesome card, HERE.


This card is going to my nephew who is graduating from Waiakea High School on the Big Island.  He's a tall guy so I added a little bit more length to the bottom of his gown.  I loved how Eva used the balloon for the "0" so I did the same.  The washi paper is from Hanko Designs and the numbers are dies from CC Designs.

The cool thing about this image is you can use it for a boy or a girl, just color the gown a different color, add girly colors to the leis or do what I did and add a little bit of hair and a flower in her hair.


Oh yea and it doesn't hurt to use girly washi paper.  Using the same card design I added a girly flair with the washi paper and the girly colored leis.  Added the sentiment to fill in the white space.  Oh and you can see a close up of the flower in her hair below...

 

Going to keep the second one for my stash, there's bound to be someone else who's graduating this year right?  Well that's all from me today.  I hope you'll stop by Eva's blog and check out her awesome creations, looks like she's in to sewing now! Wow what can't that wahine do? (hahaha) She's pretty super talented and very sweet.
^.^

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the way you altered the card for a taller graduate and put the pretty washi background for the girl card. The balloon for the '0' is a great idea. Both cards are very attractive. You are smart to make one for your stash as it seems there are always more graduates to acknowledge than I remembered.

Shar said...

He is going to Love it!

eva said...

oh my, thank you for the shout out! you are too nice! i love both your cards and i love that you added long hair! such a cute idea! have a great monday!

Jenny said...

Eva's layout was so awesome it's hard not to CASE it! You did a good job!

Mary J said...

They are both so fun, Leanne!

Unknown said...

So clever how you had the balloon as part of 2014. Even more brilliant with the hair flowing to make it girly!! Can't wait to use it. TFS!

Dawn said...

Love both cards equally!
Especially love the long hair!
Hugs
Dawn xx