Friday, April 11, 2014

LFF #70 -

Happy Aloha Friday!

It's Friday and the Bees are off this week but that doesn't mean you should miss out on the newest challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.  The Kitties are up with some lovely Easter inspirations for you.  Stop by the Aloha Friday challenge today.

TGIF for reals!!  hahaha!!  I'm excited to start the weekend as it's been a very long week...  Glad it's only 1/2 day at work and then it's off to the races!!  Should be a fun team building.

I'm excited to share a new addition to the Lilo's Fun Friday folder.  I can't believe that it's going to be my 70th LFF post.  Whew time flies by so quickly, yea?  This particular card is up there with my all time favorites and I'm sending it to one special lady.  I looked through all of my stamps and chose this one because I know my grandma would love her.

13 130501 Haruyo

It's Haruyo from Sister Stamps, you can read all about her here.  I was surprised that I had never inked her up before.  She's so pretty!  I guess I was waiting for a very special occasion.  What better occasion then my grandmother's birthday?!  So this had to be something special and it had to be purple.  Yes, I recently found out on my last trip to Hawai'i that she really likes purple.  She could have fooled me because she wears a lot of blue!  hahaha!  I had a lot of fun with this one, completing it within a few hours with lots of changes that had me gritting my teeth because of all the papers I wasted.  Ai-ya!  I'll have to make sure I use them for a future project.  I know we all probably have done that, but it's so annoying!  (hahaha)  Getting back to the card, I found some awesome washi paper at Daiso that has terrific texture to it.  I cut it down to a 5.5 x 5.5 card base.


Next I cut a few floral layers with two Lifestyle sakura 5 petal flower dies.  The first layer is white mulberry paper although it doesn't look white (haha) I added some Inka gold metallic rub then used a floral stamp from Crafter's Companion to stamp on the petals (used Encore metallic gold ink).  My first handmade paper!


The next layers include purple mulberry paper and purple/gold washi paper from Hanko Designs.  (I'm going to have to order more soon as this one is almost gone.)  The stamen is from the C.C. Designs Cutters Cherry Blossom die.  A few more additions and here's the end result...


Eek!  I almost want to keep this one!  haha...  I know it's going to a good home, yes she keeps all of our art projects and displays them from time to time.  So I added some pearls from Recollections to the stamen and bottom of the sakura flower.  Love the champagne color as it picks up hints of the same color from the washi paper.  I used another CC kanji stamp (discontinued) that says Love.  It was inked with Memento grape jelly ink on to a piece of that washi paper (card base scrap)  I ripped the edges by hand to give it a softer look.


I colored Miss Haruyo with Copics on to some paper I found in the clearance bin at Kelly Paper Company.  It is very thin compared to the normal Neenah paper I use but it seems to work really nicely with the Copics, hardly bleeds which was a plus.  After fussy cutting Haruyo I popped her up in the center.


Aww, she is super sweet.  Love how the purple looks purple and not blue.  How about a peek of the inside?  I know I don't normally do that but for this card I did.  Used some scraps and another kanji word for a nice simple addition...


Hmmmm... I think I'll make a few cards just like this!  I could use up a lot of scraps with this simple layout.  I am definitely going back for a few more packs of that washi paper!  I can see myself using it for more projects.  Popping this in the mail soon as grandma's birthday is next week!  Hope she likes it.

Mahalo for stopping by.  Hope you weren't too bored with my babbling on.  BTW, I hear the next Sister Stamp release is coming soon stop by the SS blog for more details.  Have a great Aloha Friday and an awesome weekend!


~Lilo

3 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Birthday wishes to Grams, and I'm sure she will treasure her card.
I love my purples to and this one is picture perfect...

eunice said...

Woo Hoo, Leanne! You did an amazing job of putting this lovely card together. I love the color! Love purples, but always have a tough time working with it. Your choice of shades of purple and gold and all the delicate layers is just perfect! Gramma will certainly treasure this for years to come!

Unknown said...

I totally forgot about the hanko dies until you blogged the beautiful card here. Love all the washi paper and accents on the card!