Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mele kalikimaka!

Good morning!

Popping in for a quick share.  Hope your weekend is going well and that you're having fun wrapping up all the holiday crafts and gifts on your list.  Here's a card I made using no pattern paper!  I heard some of you gasp, but it's true.  (hahaha)  I sometimes like to make my own backgrounds.  For this card I used stamps from Yumi & Fumi Handmade, Dandelion Designs & Stampin' Up.  The embossed background is a Lifestyle embossing folder which is slowly becoming one of my favorites.  For my color scheme I used the current Yumi & Fumi December photo inspiration and for a little fun added some green to the mix. I had a few of those Tim Holtz Christmas trees left over so I used one and distressed it a little, added a ribbon then mounted it on to kraft cardstock and it was done. 

mele kalikimaka! \nm/

The fun thing about making your own patterned paper is you can add anything you like.  I went super simple with two stamps but used two different colors to stamp with.  Adding the embossing gives it a really nice texture.  This card has already found a home with a very sweet crafty friend.  I hope she likes it.

Don't forget you have a few more weeks to play in our current monthly challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade.  Link up HERE.

Summer Fumi


Mahalo for stopping by today.  For me, it's back to the craft table to see what other items I can put together! See you soon!

Hugs,
Leanne

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a super cool card! You did a fab job on the background that it looks like DP. I'm sure the recipient totally LOVED your card.

cebelica said...

This is really pretty. I like how you made the background. I like to make my own backgrounds sometimes too. Fab work! Hugs! xx

Unknown said...

aww love the mistletoe on her hair and really digging that tim holtz die cut of the tree!!