Thursday, October 3, 2013

Card Swap #2

Hi Everyone!
 
Thanks for stopping by again.  Today I'm sharing the other two cards I sent to Zoe for our crafty swap.  I decided to go with an Asian theme for these and I hope Zoe likes them.
 
First up is the card I made featuring Yumi with Fan...
 

Surprise! (#2)
 
I'm so happy with how this turned out, especially her coloring.  The contrast with her coloring and the beautiful dark blue washi paper is amazing. I actually started to make this card a while ago, but never got the chance to finish it.  No time like the present right?!  (hehe)  The sentiment is from Island Scrapbooking and instead of coloring it I left it white.  If Zoe likes she can color it or leave it plain, it still looks terrific.  Here is what the back looks like...

Happy Birthday, Enjoy!
 
As you might have guessed this is not an ordinary card, it can be used as a gift card holder or if Zoe chooses to she can add a tag or note inside the pocket.  Another sentiment from Island Scrapbooking and a punched sakura flower with a handwritten sentiment round this one out.  How about a close up of Yumi?...
 

Yumi with Fan
 
I had a lot of fun with her reddish-orange hair.  Especially love the contrasted a lot with the darker colors around her.  Next up is the last card I made for the swap, another ACAS (Asian Clean and Simple) card and this time I used Fumi with Gift.  What better image to use but her for a birthday card right?!
 

Happy Birthday - Fumi with Gift
 
I used two different sheets of washi paper for this one, a Spellbinder die and some Island Scrapbooking accessories (sentiment and flowers).  I used Copics and a white gel pen to color her outfit including the gift she is holding.  For more of a girly touch I added the pearl swirly gems.  That is another element I am learning to love.  Here is a close-up of Fumi with her big baby blues...

Fumi with Gift
I also included this card because, well she lives in Australia and I thought this would be a fun card to share with her.  And there you have it!   I truly had a great time and I hope that they start it up again.  Thanks again to Sandie for organizing it and to Zoe for being a great swap partner!!
 
Thanks for stopping by!  TTFN!!
 
Hugs,
Leanne

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! Your coloring and color choices are fabulous. Even with close-up photos your work is so professional. The cards give me something to aspire towards. Thank you so much for generously sharing your work with blogland.

Julie said...

Wow - these are lovely! I really love the colours in the top one! x

Denice said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous and well put together...but OMG, your Yumi with Fan and her red hair is stunning!!! Gorgeous, my friend!

Unknown said...

Aww such cute creations! Loving the "blue eyes," I guess you will be seeing that more on my cards now haha.

Colleen said...

Oh my goodness! The two cards that you made are amazing. Zoe is so lucky to have such a talented swap partner. Have a fab weekend!