Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Card Swap #1

Well hello everyone!   
 
Did I mention that I joined a crafty swap with some ladies on FB?  Well if I didn't, I did; join a swap that is. (hahaha!)  When the call went out I decided to sign up.  Why not?  It would be fun to swap with some other crafty ladies and in the process meet and make some new friends.  After hearing that my swap partner received the package I can now share what I sent to her.  Yay!
 
I was partnered up with the fabulous Zoe McGrath, owner of Make It Crafty.  If you don't know about her or her awesome store click HERE to check them both out.  I was nervous when I found out I was partnered up with Zoe, but she was so sweet and said I shouldn't be!  Then I thought about it and said, she's right! (haha)  Zoe and I decided to swap birthday cards.  Everyone needs birthday cards right?  I made three cards and today I'd like to share one of the cards.
 
Before I forget!!  Zoe just celebrated a birthday, so Happy Birthday Zoe!! I hope you had a wonderful day!!  xoxo
 
This card features Melody from Make It Crafty.  She's one of my favorite images!!  I love how she exudes happiness, perfect for a birthday card right?!
 

Surprise with Melody


 I case'd this layout based on my beautiful birthday card from Kim Yu.  I wanted to keep the colors bright and happy so I chose paper from Colorbox and matted each piece with black cardstock.  There is a lot of sparkle going on in this card, too bad you can't tell by my photo.  Ah well... You'll just have to take my word for it. (hehe)  I'm not sure if you can see it, but I colored her outfit to look like the pink is under a sheer black dress.  I loved the effect when I was finished coloring.  I even like her hair.  I hope I did her justice.  The sentiment is from Island Scrapbooking.  I used some laser cut chipboard corners, another Make It Crafty product that has sadly been discontinued, instead of metal ones.  I think they look pretty terrific.  The rest of the card just fell in to place and I adore how it turned out.   Here is a close up of Melody...
 
Melody from Make It Crafty

I think she is totally groovy don't you?   I am so glad I decided to join the swap and that my first partner was Zoe.  She taught me to just go for it and I'll always remember not to be afraid to try and that you should never second guess yourself.  Thanks for that lesson Zoe!  xoxo
 
Well that's all for now.  Mahalo for stopping by!  Wishing you all a blessed day!

Hugs,

7 comments:

Danni said...

How super fun!! Love your card, awesome job!

Colleen said...

Melody turned out totally groovy. You did a fab job on your swap for Zoe. I am sure that she loved what you made for her.

You have nothing to be nervous about with whoever you get paired up with. The cards you make are always super creative and cute. :)

Denice said...

What a fun card, the image is perfect and happy! Zoe is going to love it!!!

jonim52 said...

Oh wow, what a super cutie. She is colored perfectly. Thanks for sharing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Unknown said...

omg! your coloring is so amazing...black and pink?! Hands down...LOL

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMG your coloring is amazing and I love the dp and the great design. Your swappy partner is just going to love this one! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Shanna Shands said...

Awesome image. I love the card. The coloring is so perfect. The hint of pink fabulous. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps!