Sunday, September 22, 2013

Yumi & Fumi Handmade - CH #24 Reminder

Good morning everyone!!

It's been a while, but today I am jumping in with Team Fumi as we send out a reminder to you about our current challenge...


Stop by the Y&FH blog today to see the beautiful projects from Team Fumi and last week's beautiful projects created by Team Yumi.  You have until Friday at noon to link up your Christmas tag and we're excited to see it.  This also gives you a chance to start on some Christmas projects.  Our challenge is just a tag, and we all know that tags can make the bag or gift extra special.  I for one was happy to start on my Christmas tags, especially because I am the worst procrastinator!!  Who else is a procrastinator?  Come on I know I'm not the only one!  hahaha!  Well you think about and let me know I'd really dislike being the only one up at 2am making tags or Christmas cards days before the big event.  (haha)

Here's my tag featuring an image that I have not seen anyone use yet... Hope you like... Say "hello" to Winter Fumi.  ^.^ 

Winter Fumi Christmas tag

I tried a new photo program and the white splotches are part of the border.  Doesn't it look like someone threw snow?  (lol)  Next time I won't blur out the picture so much, you can't see any of the details at the bottom.  Now in my opinion this little gal doesn't get a lot of ink time so I thought she deserved some love and here she is.  After coloring her up with Copics, I decided to go super CAS with the tag and also a bit non-traditional.  I used a Merry Christmas embossing folder on the craft cardstock and adhered it to a plain white cardstock.  Next I used a corner punch to make it look more like a tag.  Added some silver braided ribbon to the top of the craft cardstock to hide the border.  Next up I added some silver holly and instead of adding berries I chose that pretty Prima flower.  I added the same silver braided ribbon to the bottom of the tag and another holly leaf under her left foot.  To round it out I added three blue gems on the bottom left corner.

Well that's all I have for today.  It's good to be back at the coloring and creating even if it's for something as small as a tag.  I can't wait to make something else.  For now I hope you'll join us for this challenge.  We've got a lot of new rules that make it a lot easier for you to join.  To see the new updates head to the Yumi & Fumi Handmade page and view the CHALLENGE INFO tab.

And if you're wondering if you can make a card, well the answer is yes, but to qualify you have to have a tag somewhere on your card.  Hope that make it a lot easier to play.  Several of our team incorporated tags in to their Christmas themed cards and boy are they adorable!  Stop by the blog and check them out.   Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate it!

Have a wonderful and crafty fun Sunday!
Hugs,
Leanne

Challenges I'm entering:
Crafty Ribbons: CH #62 Anything goes with ribbon
OneCrazyStamper.com: September Christmas challenge
Melonheadz Friends: Tag It 
Designed to Color: Anything Goes

4 comments:

Denice said...

Oooooooh, I love the embossing and white ink...everything looks so warm and fuzzy on this sweet tag! Winter Fumi is a stand out on this awesome tag!!! Thanks for jumping in and joining us this week...it was a fun surprise.
:Dxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

gorgeous@!! i love the colours on her and the fabulous embossing :)

Sue said...

A great card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Gail said...

Very nice creation thank you for entering Melonheadz Challenge - I have Blog Candy open to everyone - ends October 1 http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/