Sunday, June 23, 2013

Y&FH Challenge #19 - Color Challenge

Today we're starting a new bi-weekly challenge and it should be another fun and easy one.

CHALLENGE #19 - COLOR CHALLENGE:
RED, WHITE, BLUE & KRAFT
Create a CARD using a the colors red, white blue & kraft.
June 23 - July 5
Ends: Noon (pst)

It's a color challenge and the colors are ones that shouldn't give you any trouble.  Create a card using red, white, blue & kraft in your color scheme.  With the American holiday of July 4th aka Fourth of July coming up real soon I'm sure it will be super easy for you to come up with something.  It can be any shade of the colors listed as long as they are all accounted for and on your project.  Make sure that you stop by the Y&FH blog for all the details as well as Rosie's blog to see her awesome project. 

Before I share my card I'd like to remind everyone about our rules.  They are super simple and easy to follow.  Before you decide to link up I highly suggest you click on the challenge info tab located at the top of the Y&FH blog page.  After you read the rules you'll know whether your card qualifies or not.  Unfortuantely if it DOES NOT it will be removed from Inlinkz. 

The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate and our Top 3 will receive a 10% discount code to be used in the Yumi & Fumi online store.

I've got a card that is not necessarily for the July 4th holiday, but more of a general card that can be used for anything.  I actually made this for my cousin who hasn't been feeling well, I hope with the image on the front of the card (the real life Chuckles is her nephew) will put a smile on her face and make her feel tons better... 
Created by Leanne featuring Chuckles with Gecko:


CAS is my name now-a-days and it seems like so is red! hahaha...  Actually I am really loving that I've been using colors other than, white, black or dark brown as a card base.  The blues on the card aren't so dark but they do give off a really nice hue.  I used another embossing folder and yes the ink on the inside of the folder technique.  Made a window at the top with several layers and on top the image of Chuckles w his little gecko friend.   Towards the bottom I stamped the sentiment and then used red embossing powder to heat set it.  Nice and shiney!  The little bit of white doodling on the bottom sorta breaks up the panel.  I really didn't want to do too much more to it.

Hope you get a chance to play with us this week.  Remember the winner will receive a gift certificate for $15 and the top 3 will get a 10% discount on their shopping cart to the Y&FH online store.

Mahalo for stopping by today.  I really appreciate all the wonderful comments and suggestions/requests for some tutorials.  I will try my best to get something up for the ones I have received and hope to get them up real soon.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and hope you get some time in to craft.  Bye!

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies:
Cardstock: Neenah
Stamps: Chuckles with Gecko (Y&FH), sentiment (Hampton Art)
Rectangle and distress rectangle dies (Spellbinders)
Primrose embossing folder (MPress)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Distress ink Broken China (Ranger), Scarlet pigment ink(Color Box)
Red embossing powder (Michaels)
White Jelly roll gel pen (Sakura)
Copics: E50, E51, E21, E31, E30, E49, E37, R08, B97, B91, BG000
:)

3 comments:

Blankina said...

Fun card..This image is so cute..
Hope to join again,
Hugs Blankina

Denice said...

What a great card! I hope your cousin enjoys it and gets a chuckle out of Chuckles!

It seems we both should go by the name of CAS lately!! LOL!
:Dxx

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you've joined Kitty Bee Designs Team and look forward to all your creations!