Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mother Day Card - Washi tape Shaker card

Hello!

I have been seeing a fair amount of these really cute washi tape shaker cards popping up on some of my favorite blogs.  The first time I saw it was on Debi's blog, then I saw it on the Sister Stamp's blog during their release showcase and let me tell you they were very cute and inspiring!  I especially loved how easy it looked to make and no use of dimensional tape was a plus!!  The only problem for me is that I have a limited amount of washi tape that would be fun to use.  So I guess I'll have to make a trip to Michael's to buy some.  Darn and they had them on sale about two weeks ago!  Figures! hahaha!   Thanks for inspiring Debi and Jenny!!   Here is the link to the tutorial and I have to say I really enjoyed listening to Julie share how she made her cards, she's got a really infectious laugh!


Because I really wanted to try this over the weekend, I think it turned out ok.  I now wish I would have embossed the background!  It's just too plain even with the bright green flower.  Oh well.  I do have to say it was really easy to do it this way than the old fashioned way.  Because you can reposition the washi tape to get it just right.  The only set back I see is you can't really put too many dimensional items in the pocket, they tend to get stuck.  Like the wooden butterfly in the pocket?  It gets stuck in the corners so you kinda have to whack the card to loosen it. hahaha!  All-in-all a fun idea!!  And I am happy to report that my beads that I bought years ago are finally getting used!  Woo Hoo! The sentiment stamp is by AmyR.  Love that script!  The flowers inside were all punched.  Sending this one to my grandmother for Mother's Day.  I'll probably do a few more of these for my co-workers and friends but probably at a much smaller scale.

Thanks for stopping by today.  So wish I wasn't at work today.  It's been a gloomy couple of days with rain and it would be much nicer to be at home working on some cards instead of at work. LOL!!  Where ever you are hope you're having a great day!

xx
Leanne
  

6 comments:

eva said...

so pretty! i know, this is a great way to make a shaker card!

scrapnhawaii said...

This is the first place I have seen a washi tape shaker box card! I'll have to try this soon but like you, I have very little washi tape!! Great inspiration, Leanne!!

WickedPixie said...

What a fun card! I don't think it is too plain at all! I love that bright green and orange combo and the twine tying it all together (hee hee!) :)Traci

Anita said...

What a cute card! I have NEVER made a shaker card but I've always wanted to. I'm off to see the tutorial - thanks for linking it :)

Linda said...

Really good idea!! will need to test out a shaker card layout one of these days.

Cyndi said...

Very Fun! Love the idea with the washi tape!