Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Earth Day!

Hello!

I'm a little bit late today, but I didn't get that Ah-ha light bulb inspiration until early this morning.  I'm using up the rest of my lunch time to post this.

It's been sooo very long since I joined a challenge and I was itching to ink up a Greeting Farm stamp so I popped over to see what the current challenges were.  One for FFF is to recycle/alter something and the DTT is called Earth Day.  I thought about something I could recycle/alter but came up with nothing, so will hold off until later for my a-ha momemnt.  (haha)   As I mentioned I was looking through my stamps I found my ah-ha moment for the Earth Day DTT challenge.  Here is the amazing photo inspiration:


What a cool photo yea?  These are all my favorite colors too!  So the stamp that gave me the Ah-ha moment was Anya from the Rock the Farm stamp set.  If you don't have it then you are out of luck because this is one of the retired set.  One of the cutest stamp sets to come out from TGF.  I was very fortunate to get it and it's been so very long since it was actually inked up. 



Here's my card and the scene I created was another outdoorsy one.  I decided to use the color scheme and the circles.  Looks like Anya is coming up from the waters edge with two full buckets and boy she looks a little flushed from her exercise!  hehehe..  Colored with Copics and Distress ink pads this scene came together pretty fast.  The rest of it was a little bit harder as I had to decided whether to use an embossing folder or patterned paper.  When I found that paper I thought, Ah-ha!  hahaha...  After that the rest of the card came together pretty quick!


Well I guess the only other thing I can say is that I love this card and it might possibly be very hard for me to part with it.  (LOl!) Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'll be back tomorrow to share my card for the Y&FH #14 Multiple folds challenge. 

Have a great day!!
xoxo,
Leanne

5 comments:

Denice said...

What a great take on the inspiration photo...great DP's! Rockin' the Farm Anya is adorable, great coloring!
:Dxx

JennyKozar said...

This is adorable!!

Elena V. said...

It's so cute! I love it!

Cyndi said...

Super sweet card using those colors! Great scene!

Anita said...

OMGosh, this card is just so stinkin' cute - love it! Thanks for joining the TGF Challenge.