Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Marci with Flower

Hey everyone!

We've been having some fabulous weather, I hope it stays like this for a while.  Not too hot, but nice enough that we don't have to bundle up, but at night, brrrr...  Those are the times I want to jump in to my pjs and veg on the couch.  lol...

Here is another card I submitted to Designed to Color for the Trending Mark call for the Aug/Sep 2012 issue.  The trending mark was to use fabric on your project.  This is the second card in the magazine on page 16.  The other card I submitted can be found here.  I was intrigued with the challenge to use fabric on a card.  I went to the local Joann's and searched, now if you've been to a Joann's you know there are tons of fabrics to choose from, and out of all the ones I saw I picked one from the bargain bin. (lol)  It had a really sweet print on it that reminded me of my youth and when my mom used to sew cute little tops for me and my sister.  I knew that Marci with Flower from La-La Land Crafts would be the perfect image to go with that pattern.  Now all I needed to do was put everything together.  Here's what I came up with...
Doesn't she go perfectly with the fabric pattern I chose?  I kept the design really CAS with the fabric and Marci the focal point.  I added a couple butterfly chippies from MIC to add a fun touch to the card, matted the fabric to some red & white polka dot patterned paper and mounted them all on to white daisy embossed cardstock from  Hanko Designs. 

I would love to try using fabric again, so look for something in the future.  Well that's all for today.  Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!!  Mahalo for stopping by!
Hugs,
Leanne
Supply list
Cardstock: Neenah Star White, Hanko Designs snow white card flower
Paper: Marcella K "Lemon Drops" red w/ white dots
Stamp: La-La Land Crafts Marci with Flower
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Make It Crafty Butterfly chippies "Butterfly Leaves"
Other: Joann's 4-panel floral fabric square
Coloring Medium: Copic
Skin- E50, E51, E01, RV55
Hair- YR20, Y21, YR24, YR61
Clothes- (Pants) E31, E34, E37, R46, white Souffle gel pen
Other: YR14, YR27, YR61, YR68, Y21, Y26, Y28, G17, G43, E49, E77

7 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

she is just too sweet! i love the little scene have you created leanne and she looks so gorgeous standing there :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Great choice and pretty card...
I wish their was a Joanne's here on the islands... Love that store!
Blowing you more sunshine hope you catch it!

Danni said...

This is fabulous! Love how everything just pops against that black!

Lynn said...

I just discovered your blog and love what you are sharing. Your use of fabric on this card is a perfect pairing with the stamped image. I'll be visiting your blog again for more inspiration.

Amy said...

That fabric goes so perfectly with her! Such a sweet card, Leanne!
Glad you are having some nice days, we are still cold here and they are forecasting three days of snow! I'm so ready for spring!

Denice said...

What a perfect match...the image and the fabric make for a great card! Makes me think spring is right around the corner...wishful thinking!
:Dxx

Cyndi said...

So beautiful! Love the bold colors and the fabric!