Friday, January 4, 2013

LFF #53 - First card of 2013

Happy Aloha Friday my friends!

Well I made it through the week with flying colors, hope that's just the beginning and that things get even better as we go.  I hope you are all having a great start too.

Today I wanted to share my first official card for 2013.  It's a birthday card I made for one of my co-workers, Maria, who's birthday lands on New Year's Day.  Featuring Melody from Make It Crafty

I absolutely love this line of girls from Make It Crafty!!  Can't wait to practice more on her.  I totally forgot I had to make a card but I already knew that I wanted to use Melody because she reminds me of Maria.  She was already printed out, just needed to add some color.  I chose the colors from the papers behind her but kicked them up a notch.  The layout was something super simple and all the papers are from the same paper pad (MME SixBySix Blink of an Eye) well except for the brown and kraft cardstock which are Neenah and Recollections.   I wanted to put something in her hands so I used my five petal punch and some letter stickers and spelled out YAHOO.  I can already see lots of coloring mistakes, (hehe, no! don't look to closely!) but for the most part am pleased with how it turned out. 

We celebrated with a delicious homemade sherbert cake baked by my co-worker Doreen.  Here's a couple pictures of the cake half covered with chocolate dipped strawberries.


My huge piece!  It was really good and one that I'm sure we will have again.

Alrighty my friends, hoping you all have a great weekend.  Make It Crafty! {hahaha!}


Mahalo for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Lilo

6 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

cute!! love how she is holding the sentiment...and her outfit is totally fab :) and yum yum yum that cake looks AMAZING! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw how cute~ I have her too but haven't had the time to work on her yet... hehe!

Shar said...

Oh my goodness Leanne! This is my favorite! Yes it is this one! Well.......all of your projects are!
Awesome!

Danni said...

LOve this!! That image is so fun and you've colored her up so cute!! Great job!! That cake looks delish!

Denice said...

Cute image, fabulous coloring...what a great way to start the new year.
:Dxx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

That is one colorful and happy card. Ohhh, and that sherbert cake looks so yummilicious topped off with choco-dipped strawberries. I'm drooling.