Friday, August 3, 2012

Kalei - Lilo's Fun Friday #34


*Click HERE to jump to the Lollipop Crafts blog hop post*

Aloooohaaaa!!! Happy Aloha Friday everyone! :)

Before I start I wanted to wish my younger brother, David a Happy Birthday!! Happy Birthday brother!  :)

Today is LFF #34 which happens to be my favorite number.  Don't know why, it just is.  LOL!   For today's share I made a tag for fun.  Using punches and textures; threw in a few of those quilled circles I made with some scrap paper and this adorable keiki named Kalei, from Mo's Digital Pencil. Can you believe I printed her out months ago and only now found time to color her and use her on a project?  I know I so crazy! hahaha!


Oh, doesn't she just make you want to head to the beach or a luau on the beach?  She was really fun to color and I love the bright colors contrasting with her nice tanned skin.  The tag itself measures 5 1/2" x 3 1/2".  The tag was a leftover of a make & take we created for our Carson show.  (Will have those pictures up for you soon).  I thought the branches resembled palm tree fronds and the quilled circles, coconuts.  :)
Lucky me, there is an Anything Goes challenge at DP2 Challenges, so I think I'll play along. :)

Pretty short and sweet today.  Mahalo for visiting me this week.  It's so nice reading everyone's comments, knowing that you have support even when you've been MIBL (Missing In Blog Land).  I think I'm getting back in my groove and back to blogging and crafting.  Still have a ton of projects left on the dining room table that need to be finished, but for now I'm sharing these small projects, hopefully you like. :)  Have a fabulous Aloha Friday and a terrific weekend!

Hugs,
Lilo

15 comments:

eva said...

wow, what an awesome tag!! she looks so bright and really stands out!

Mary J said...

She's beautiful, Leanne - lovely use of kraft!

Denice said...

Stunning coloring Leanne, Kalei is beautiful and yes, she does make me want to go to the beach.
Everything looks wonderful on Kraft!
:Dxx

Thanh Vo said...

She just dances right off the page, Leanne! Glad to hear that you're getting your groove back; hope to see you posting more soon. Xo

Rachel Parys said...

She is toooo cute! I love her! Those branches are perfect!! You have created a wonderful little scene on this tag, way to go!!! TGIF!

Debbie said...

This is just GORGEOUS!!! love the palms you created I feel like I'm in Hawaii. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.

Hugs
Debbie

Creations by Shirl said...

She's ready to do the Hukilau....
Lovely colours, I think my MIL would enjoy this pics, since she dances for the Old Kapunas... LOL!
TFS- enjoy your Friday and go finish up your unforseen projects...

hapagirlren said...

one of my ABSOLUTE favorites!!!!!!!!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awesome Leanne!! I absolutely love this! What a great scene and I just love the beautiful colouring/distressing/everything! Awesome work!

Unknown said...

How cute This is! Love the whole tropical feel! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Sonia said...

Hi Leanne
Love your creation.. look very tropical.
Beautiful creation! Great JOB!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Pat said...

Hi Leanne!! What an adorable tag!! Love this image (adding to my "must order" list right now) and your coloring is so pretty! Love the branches and "coconuts" at the upper corner! So clever!! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's for this week's "Anything Goes" Challenge! Hugs. Pat Frank

Cyndi said...

Awesome tag Leanne! Aww makes me miss home! haha. Love the details!

Mimi said...

oh this is so cute!! love the quilled "coconuts"! hehee! awesome coloring job Leanne! ;d

Iulia said...

What a gorgeous tag! Your coloring is just perfection! Love the bright colors too!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Mo's this week! Hope you'll join us for the new challenge starting today too!
Hugs, Iulia