Monday, February 13, 2012

Lollipop Crafts #67 - Saturday's Valentine

Good morning!!
Hope you all had a nice relaxing Sunday.  Before I start my post I just wanted to wish one of my sista's @ heart and fellow crafting buddy, Renate Winter, a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RENA!!  LUV YA GIRL!! ;)

Today is a start of another challenge at Lollipop Crafts.  This week's theme is "With love..." anything but a card.  With Valentine's Day tomorrow we'd like to see projects that are well anything but a card.  Those include anything 3-D, tags, altered frames or jewelry.  Just make sure it's not a card. 

This week Karber Digitals is sponsoring our challenge.  The winner will receive 2 free digis from the store.  If you haven't seen the new and wonderful things happening at Karber Digitals here's the link to the store.  The A-team will be back on Thursday for a sponsor spotlight on Karber Digitals so make sure you check the Lollipop Crafts blog for all their info.  You can also see all the wonderful projects created by the T-team for this week's challenge at the Lollipop Crafts blog.

For my anything but a card share I decided to try my hand at making a heart shaped treat box.  Using Spellbinders (heart & scalloped heart), my Scor-pal and some cardstock here is what I came up with using C.C. Saturday from The Greeting Farm.


Here is a side view of the box


I went pretty simple on the top of the box.  Using brown cs (Bazzil), kraft cs (Recollections) and a red & white dp (Recollections) I layered each one on top of the other.  Dry embossed & distress inked the kraft cs to give it a bit of dimension.  I hand wrote the sentiment, seemed easier than having to search for one.


I thought adding the roses behind him would be a lovely touch so I used a clear stamp from Inkadinkado (Best Friends set).  I stamped, colored and fussy cut the roses then layered them behind Saturday with some pop squares.  How can you resist a guy with roses in hand?  (haha)  And what's on the inside?  Well some Hershey kisses cause what would a Valentine treat box be without candy?  Any empty box of course.  (lol)


I was able to fit in about 6 Hershey's kisses, but I could probably add 1-2 more.  Now who can resist a guy with roses and chocolates?  I think that's the recipe for love, no?  (hahaha)  OMG sounds like a line from Pepe le Pieu!  I better stop before you all think I'm a nut!  (lol)


Hope you plan on joining us for this week's challenge.  I can't wait to see what creative projects you make.  Mahalo for stopping by today and be sure to head on over to the Lollipop Crafts blog for some eye candy. 

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
Swiss dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Vintage photo Distress Ink (Ranger); white cs (Xpress-It)
Copics:

9 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Awesome heart box - love those kisses....

Rachel Parys said...

That is super cute! I need those darn heart dies!! Perfect Valentine treat. Speaking of...better finish up mine!

Mimi said...

oh Leanne! you are so funny!! ;D
Adorable treat box... man, roses, and candy... that is LOVE!! Have a wonderful Monday! :D

Nady said...

Ta boîte est magnifique! humm des bons chocolats hihi. bravo c'est super!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Cyndi said...

aww this is a great valentine box! awesome coloring and creative!

Lynn said...

What a fantastic Valentine candy box! I love the colors, image and everything else on the box. You did a terrific job and should get an award!

Tammi said...

You had me laughing with your Pepe le Pieu comment. :) This is fabulous, love the color of his hair, wonderful gift idea! ~hugs

Linda said...

Hey Pepe! OMG, you're too much! Crack me up why don't you?!? This is such a sweet candy treat box - you did a great job with it! xoxo!

Unknown said...

I see you have put some use to the heart spellbinders...hehehe let's go shopping I want to have a set of my own jst seeing this...lol