Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lazy Saturday

Hello everyone!!Wow, it feels like ages since I last blogged!!  Thank you to everyone who became a new friend while I was away!!  Welcome to my blog! 

I'm trying to get back to normal so for today I wanted to share some happy mail I got when I finally got home from CHA and a few pictures from the event.  This is going to be a semi long one so if you like feel free to scroll through.

First up, my happy mail!  I pre-ordered the new 2012 Copics a couple weeks ago from Scrap-Mart.  I totally forgot about that, so was really excited to tear in to the packaging!  They also sent a $10 gift certificate, woo hoo, more shopping to do! Way cool!

Here's a really amazing set I received from my Secret Sister Swap for January, Gail Woo.  How lucky am I?!  Very lucky!  She did an amazing job with the mini bottle holder and the cute post it note holder with some lovely accessories to go along with it.  Mahalo Gail!!

And lastly I got Miyako from Sister Stamps in a release hop I won from Island Scrapbooking.  I am definitely happy to add her to my collection along with the little bag of punched flowers.  Arigato IS!


It's only been a few days and I'm already going through withdrawals from missing Renate, Rosemary, Sandie, Irina and a whole bunch of other fabulous ladies from this week's CHA convention.  CHA is a whole other world come to life.  We read each others blogs and develop friendships here.  It's so awesome when you finally come face to face.  Here are a few pictures of some really lovely ladies... Enjoy!

While we were setting up we had a lovely visit from LLLC DT member Jing Van Opstal!  She is soo cute and really sweet!  It was really nice to finally meet her and really nice to see her through out the show. 
Jing Van Opstal, Irina Blount, Renate Winter
I just realized that our team in the booth did not take a "team" picture!  Ai ya!!  So here are some random pictures of us in and around Anaheim.  Here's a picture of Irina, Rosemary & Sandie.  Those ladies kicked butt at the show.  We had such a terrific time with them.  I heart these ladies!!

Team La-La Land Crafts:
Irina, Rosemary Shaner Bridges & Sandie Dunne
Papa La La - Love this picture of Eric!

Me & Renate - Cotton Candy anyone?
One of the best parts of the show for me was when I got to meet the sisters from SISTER STAMPS!!  Most of you know how much I love their images, so it was sooo nice to meet them in person.  Here's a couple pictures of Jenny and Denise.  They are so cute, I just wanted to keep hugging them.  I think they thought I was kinda lo-lo (crazy)!  I was just really excited to meet them and hear the Aloha in their voices.  LOL! 

Denise and Jenny from SISTER STAMPS
Here's one with me and Jenny, see how happy I am?  LOL!!  Seriously, they are two of the nicest ladies and I found out Jenny loves Disneyland as much as I do, maybe more.  Hopefully all her magical wishes came true.  :)

Jenny Sakamoto of Sister Stamps
I was really happy to run in to Sparkle at her booth.  Suzanne Bier, my fellow FBW teammie, was also there so I had to take a picture.  Aren't those aprons cute?  Sparkle mentioned Shaela Odd made them. They are so cool!!!
Suzanne Bier & Sparkle Smith from Sparkle Creations
Here are former fellow DT members Lisa Hjulberg and Kim Yu who were at the show helping out at Sparkle's booth.  They stopped by our booth to say Hi!

Lisa & Kim
Here's a picture of my new friend, Patricia Serrano, who was also working in Sparkle's booth.  She stopped by on her breaks to do our make & takes.  She's so nice & she loved doing the make & takes!

Patricia Serrano
Alrighty I think I'll stop for now.  I'll share a few more tomorrow.  All the pictures will be posted on my FB page and some in the La-La Land Crafts FB page as well.  If you see your picture there please feel free to tag yourself or anyone else you recognize.  Thanks!  I'll leave you with this pretty LA sunset photo...


Mahalo for leaving me so many wonderful comments while I was gone.  I'm trying to catch up with everyone's posts so please be patient while I get back in the groove. :)  Mahalo for stopping by!!  Have a great evening or morning!

Hugs,
Leanne

8 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

First of all great happy mail and you are so lucky to meet all those wonderful people from the crafting industry....very memorable pics looks like it was such a fun fun event....To bad us locals back here live thousand of miles from where it's happening.... You are so lucky to be where you're at....

Rachel Parys said...

Ok, first a fun-filled trip to CHA, and happy mail?! You are one lucky girl!!! I love all of your pics and sharing your experiences with you. It kind of felt like a ghost town this past week with everyone gone!! Glad your home and get to play with new toys! Can't wait to see what you make this week after an inspiration filled trip!

I really want to see you color an image with those new copic colors, I'm excited to check those out!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Leanne,
Welcome back. Looks like you had a blast. How nice to meet so many awesome crafters. I spy Jenny and Denise. TFS

Nadine said...

Wow looks like you had so much fun! Thanks for posting all the great pictures, made it seem like I was right there with you, lol! How cool is it that you met Jenny and Denise?!!?

Cyndi said...

Really awesome happy mail you received! and looks like you had a wonderful time at CHA! Met lotta cool people!

Rosie said...

I miss you, Leanne & Renate (sniff, sniff)! I definitely need to get some of those stamps. I love seeing them on your blog and they are the cutest things ever! Can't wait to see you girls again....hopefully soon! Love y'all bunches!

Denice said...

Happy mail and a great trip, you must still be smiling! I know I am just from reading your post!

:Dxx

Mimi said...

Hi Leanne!! WOW! what fabulous pics and looks like you had an awesome fun time at CHA! great happy mail too! have a wonderful day! :D