Monday, February 13, 2012

Hey you!

Hello!! 
Yes today is my second post, please scroll down to see my Lollipop Crafts challenge post.

As you are reading this, I should be celebrating Renate's birthday with her, Zach and a few of our close friends at Gyu-Kaku in Old Town Pasadena.  I made her a card using one of her favorite stamp lines, Gorjuss Girls.  I used Rose, who I purchased along with a few others, from All That Scraps.  The dp was from the same paper pad stack (DCWV - The Rustic stack).  I love this paper pad and have been waiting to cut into it.  This was the perfect occasion.  I used a sketch from my blogging friend, Kim Yu to help me bring some fun elements to the card.


I am really pleased with how it turned out.  I wanted to go with a warm color palette and I think I achieved it with the yellows, blues, browns and oranges and touches of white.  What do you think? 


I paper pieced her dress and did some fun affects to it.  Yes, I used a couple Copic markers to add the folds but if you look closely you might be able to see that I added dimension to the dress.  No?  Well here are a couple side views...

Where the folds are drawn in I used a hockey stick embossing tool
to create the folds on the paper to make the dress look and feel
more pronounced.

Here's a better angle.  See how the paper dips where the "folds"
lay?  I also layered it twice (only because I ripped the first one
while trying to work the paper)  because it gave it more
dimension and poof once I added the second layer.  :) 
Side view of the finished card

Here is a close up of the other side of the card.  Thought you'd like to see the details.  :)


I used several Spellbinder dies for this card.  Love how handy they are and how clean they can make a card look.  My first time making those circle flowers.  I used a couple SB circles and my hockey stick again.  Added a nice big half pearl to the center of each.  Love how it turned out.  I wonder if this is what is called shabby chic?  If so then it's my first time and I'm so pleased with the result.  woo hoo!  Alrighty, time for me to scoot.  Hopefully we are enjoying our meal and Renate is enjoying her birthday dinner.  :)


The Voice and Hawaii 5-O are on my lists to watch tonight.  Hoping to get home to watch at least H5O.  On a sad note, just wanted to say RIP Whitney Houston.  You are going to be missed, but never forgotten.

Challenges:
ATS Wednesday Challenges: Anything Goes

Hugs,
Leanne

Supplies not listed above:
White cs (Neenah solar crest, Xpress It); Light blue cs (Bazzil); Square/scalloped square & circle dies (Spellbinders); doily (Joann's); lace (May Arts scrap from CHA);  butterflies (MS punch); half pearls (Recollections)
Copics:

16 comments:

Danni said...

I'm giggling as I just got this stamp in my SCACD order! LOL! Great minds think alike!
Very pretty card!!

Nady said...

Oh wow! ta carte est vraiment belle, j'adore les couleurs douces. Ton doily et tes fleurs sont superbes. bravo!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Totally pretty Leanne....
Have fun celebrating with the birthday girl and friends...Great job on the image she is gonna love this card from you.....

Unknown said...

I love love your card, Leanne! The colors are so pretty! I need to try this combo! Thank you so much for playing along my sketch and for your support!

Amy said...

LOVE this Leanne! All the yellow is so pretty and her dress is fab, love the flounce the popping gives the skirt. Those flowers are just the coolest things, awesome accents!

Linda said...

Hey you! Looking shabby chic to me! Great job and I'm sure Renate is gonna love it! Happy Valentine's Day!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Super cute Leanne. The DPs compliment each other perfectly too. Have a great week.

Cyndi said...

Beautiful card! Love the dimensions on her, the circle flowers, and pretty much everything! Love the look! Hope you had a great time at gyukaku! I love that place...I used to always go in Hawaii but there's none in Vegas...but my bf and I found a good Korean BBQ in Buena Park so we go there everytime we go to Disneyland!

Stephanie said...

This is so pretty! I love the Gorguss Girls I just ordered some too:) Love how how popped up her dress.

Denice said...

Everything about this card is GORJUSS Leanne, you added so many fab details! Oh my, love the stamp...simple and sweet!
Hope you have a Happy Valentines Day!
:Dxoxoxo

Rachel Parys said...

I don't know how I missed this yesterday, but WOW! I LOVE this! It may be my fav thing you've done!(they're all so great, hard to choose!) I love the colors, the flowers, the lace, etc. Great dress!!! Really outstanding card!

Mimi said...

Beautiful card Leanne! The details you put on this card is amazing! Lovely color combo and all the fabulous dimensions! ;D

Tracy said...

What a fabulous card!! It is so happy it just makes me smile. I love the layers on her dress. So sweet! Thank you for playing along with All That Scraps!
Hugs,
Tracy

Mary J said...

So gorgeous Leanne! dore the colours and thsoe flowers are FAB!!

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ahh what a gorgeouss card Leanne :) Love the 3d you did on the dress. Thanks for joining the ATS Challenge :)
hugs Ria

Unknown said...

Wow...I love the layout of the card and colors. Rena would love this card! Great work Leanne!