Friday, December 2, 2011

Tiny Tia Bow

Hey everyone!
Hope you're all enjoying your Friday.  It's been one of those days, not sure if it's a good one, but glad to be here.  Stoppin' in to share this easel card I finished up this morning before heading in to work.  Last night I colored up some images, using a lantern as my light source since I still have no electricity.  But if there is a light source and I have energy I will take advantage.  hehehe.. 

This is a Christmas card that I can add to my done list.  It features a really cute Some Odd Girl digi image.  She's not a typical Christmas image, but I think with the right colors and papers she could be.  LOL..  I made this into an easel card for the Some Odd Girl challenge, my first.  It's definitely a CAS in the front.  I used two sentiment stamps from my AmyR stamp set stash and the papers is from a Christmas stack from DCWV.  I was so tempted to add more..  Maybe I will if I get the right combination, but for now, I'm leaving it as is...  Beware, there a quite a few pictures!


See I told ya, pretty plain.  I stamped on kraft and using a white pencil I edged around the sentiment.  I also used my wonky spellbinders instead of a traditional straight edge or circle.  The sentiments are from Christmas card greetings stamp set.  I inked it with my new favorite colored ink, Bamboo Leaves.  Here is what it looks like opened. 


Here is Miss Tiny Tia Bow from Some Odd Girl.  I colored her up in Christmas colors so she would match the papers.  I also used another AmyR sentiment from the same set.  This is why I kept the front pretty simple.  But if I find some fun toy stickers or images they just might end up right behind little Miss Tia.


Here's the side view of the card.  Doesn't make too much of an impact like looking on from the front yea?  Well, I thought it would be fun to show you that she is actually very 3-Dish.  Here is another view from the top showing how far away she is from the background.


Whoa!  That's pretty trippy from up here.  Quick scroll down so you don't get dizzy!  hahaha!  Here is Miss Tia waiting to be sprung!  hahaha!  This easel card is similar to this one.


Ai sus, she is so cute!  I love her big eyes and cheeks!  Okie dokie, wish me luck!  I hope our electrity is back up, else I'll be coloring more images by lantern.  hehehe..  Have a great weekend!!


Mahalo for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Leanne

9 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

OMG Leanne, that is awesome! It's kind of perfect that the front was so sweet and simple, and then you open it up and get this huge surprise!! She is too cute! What a great easel card. I will definitely have to try this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Danni said...

LOVE this!! Soooo super cute!! You did a fabulous job!

Mary J said...

Oh Leanne, you've coloured her hair beautifully! A really fab card, I love that technique - gotta try that!!

Amy said...

Oh Leanne, this is another 'Wowzers'!
Love the paper you've used and Tia looks like she is being as good as she can be so Santa will come! This is perfect!
I think there are a lot of stamps that will work for whatever you want, it's all about how you color them and the paper you use! Gotta love those versatile stamps!
I hope you get your electricity back soon, you never really think how much you depend on it until you don't have it!

Cyndi said...

Aww she is so cute! Very creative and love your coloring!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh this is super adorable! Love your easel size and shape and how cute is this little Tia! Beautiful creation - thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!
hugs,
M

Chris_P said...

WOW this is adorable!! Just love your card! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

That's so cool! Very creative. Thank you for playing along with us at Some Odd Girl. :)

Karla said...

WOW this is adorable!! Just love your card!