Friday, December 2, 2011

Lilo's Fun Friday #8

Happy Dec 2nd everyone!  Can you believe we are already into December?  Yikes, time is flying by so fast.  Talking about flying fast, we have been experiencing some crazy winds (100 mph) the past couple of nights.  Power is out at my house and it happened while I was in the middle of finishing the card I'm going to share.  As I was driving in to work there were lots of downed trees and power was out in some areas.  Hopefully the city workers will be able to get things back to "normal" and that they are safe while doing it. 

So for today's Fun Friday share, I'm taking a break from Christmas to share another Thank you card featuring Kiyomi from Sister Stamps.  I'm playing along with the new Flutter By Wednesday Challenge which is a recipe: blue, lace, 3 or more flowers and one butterfly.  One of my favorite colors is blue, any kind of blue so this challenge really appealed to me.  I chose Kiyomi because she comes with her very own butterfly.  And I have been wanting to try to add a lacey doily to a card after I saw my Lollipop teammate, Cyndi's card.  Thanks for the inspiration Cyndi! :)


I originally had Kiyomi inside an oval cut out, but then I messed up on her sash and it started to bleed.  I couldn't fix it, so I decided to cut her out.  Easy fix, but I wasted the paper.  (boo!)  Then I had to cut out the butterfly.  I stamped the butterfly on the Hanko cs and glued the colored one on top.  The doily is actually one that I "saved" from lunch at the Double Tree hotel.  If it's clean I save it, I automatically put it in my purse so it doesn't get messed up..  LOL!  Hey who else doesn't do that?  I call it recycling.  hahaha!  The sentiment is handwritten by yours truely and I used a scallop punch and some white ink to decorate it.

I punched out more than the required 3 sakura flowers in black and white.  At first I didn't know what to do with them, that's when the power went out!  hahaha!  I knew I wanted to add them to the top right corner, just couldn't figure out how.  Then I started playing with drawing in some branches with a pencil, (all of this by candlelight).  Once I got it to how I liked it I went over it with a Copic marker and dropped the flowers down.  It was perfect!  I added some pearl pen dots in white to the black flowers and also to the white, then I used a blue Copic marker and colored the white dots on the white flowers blue..  Whew! hahaha!  The only sparkle on this card is the butterfly.  Hope you like.  :)
If you would like to link up any of your projects feel free to use the inlinkz button below to directly link up to your project.  If not, no worries, I'll still try to stop by and visit your blogs.


Mahalo for stopping by! Have a terrific Friday!!
Hugs,
Leanne

11 comments:

Kate said...

This is so pretty Leanne, love the colors you used too.

Hugs,
Kate

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

What a fab scene Leanne. I love the cherry blossom branch.

Fab thank you card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty card Leanne~
Great bg scenery too....
Have an awesome day & happy weekend~

Unknown said...

love the cherry blossoms they totally pop on your color scheme!!

Amy said...

This is gorgeous Leanne, love the branch you drew in...fabulous addition! Kiyomi is so cute, love how you've colored her and the sentiment in the doily center is very cool!
Wow, those were some winds you guys had! Hope everything is back to normal now and you can enjoy the weekend!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just precious!

Danni said...

Totally love this card!! Just so pretty but adorable at the same time!! Thanks for playing along with my Flutter By Challenge!! ;)

Nady said...

Ta carte est superbe!
j'adore le doilies et les couleurs que tu as utilisées. bravo!
Nadyne xx

Mary J said...

Not sure if my comment saved - blogger (or my pc!) playing up! What I said was - what a gorgeous card! Your colouring is amazing and just love that colour combo!

Cyndi said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and thanks for getting inspiration from me!

♥Rach♥ said...

Totally beautiful layout, love how you used the doiley!