Saturday, October 1, 2011

A little hunny bunny & kitty kat for your Saturday Morning

Hello everyone!
I am here to share some new release happenings over at La-La Land Crafts.  Papa & Mama have been very busy these past couple of months and boy have they created some of my most favorite images to date.  Be sure to stop by the La-La Land Crafts blog to see the other releases and inspirations created by the fantastic design team.  There are 8 new images and they will surely melt your heart.   Just take a look and tell me I wasn't right?!


Today is also World Card Making Day.  Here are some fun facts about this special day:
World Card Making Day began in 2006 as National Card Making Day. Founded by Paper Crafts magazine to bring card makers together at the beginning of the busiest card-making season of the year, it was first held on October 7, 2006. The initial celebration involved the Paper Crafts magazine audience only; however, due to the positive response it received and the worldwide popularity of card making, the holiday became known as World Card Making Day from then on.

Celebrating its fifth year in 2010, World Card Making Day is celebrated annually on the first Saturday in October. It's a day for the card-making community -- hobbyists, retailers, and manufacturers -- to unite and celebrate the connection and creativity that is the heart of card making.
How cool is that?  That a small company like Paper Crafts was able to make an awesome impact with this wonderful hobby of ours.  So cool!!  So to keep in line with this not only being National Card Making Day, but also release day at La-La Land Crafts, I have the honor of showcasing not one but two of the cute new Harujuku Marci girls!  The first one up is Hunny Bunny Marci and this little gal with her stylish glasses and cute bunny beanie will make you smile.  When I first saw her I had to go with bright colors.  She was so much fun to color!  I have been hoarding this Basic Grey paper for a few months and knew I wanted to use her with it.  So beware, this is going to be a very bright card!  I also used a fun sentiment from the AmyR Wish You Were Here sentiment set.
Hello with Hunny Bunny Marci
She is so ready to go to Anime Expo or Comic-Con.  Incidentally, I heard that while on vacation Mama & Papa just happened to attend Anime Expo and this is where they got their inspiration.  You'll have to see the other Marci girl, Big Panda Marci, you will flip out and want them all!!  I certainly do.  :)

Next up on the list is Kitty Kat Marci.  This little gal is another of the Harujuku girls and just as cute as Hunny Bunny Marci.  I new that I wanted to make a Halloween card with her, so that's what I did.  I made a CAS card, because the paper was pretty bright and busy and I wanted to showcase how super cute Kitty Kat Marci is.  I also got to use my new dies, spooky fence, and scare-dy cat.

Happy Halloween with Kitty Kat Marci & Scare-dy Cat
This little girl was also so much fun to color.  I gave her a bit of sparkle and her white blonde hair was a first for me.  Check out Amy Young's tutorial on fair hair.  I'm not sure if you can tell, I made some black grass, well techinically this is supposed to be night time, so that's why I made the long grass, or maybe weeds black.  The house stamped behind Scare-dy cat is a $1 clear stamp I found at Joann's.  Thought it gave this a fun little background scene.  The sentiment is from another AmyR stamp set, Ghostly Greetings, can you tell I love her sentiments?  They go with any stamp.

How about a close up of Scare-dy Cat?  I hope you can see what I did with his eyes.  I gave him green eyes, and added some glitter to them.  Thought that would be a fun accent...


Although we are showcasing the new images on October 1st, they will be on pre-order starting October 1st with a ship date of October 15th.  Now don't forget to check out the La-La Land blog for all the wonderful creations with all the new releases.  I've seen them and boy let me tell you the DT rocked them out!!

Hunny Bunny Marci
Kitty Kat Marci
Ok my friends, Happy National Card Making Day, I hope you get to play with your stamps, inks, markers and papers and create some wonderful cards.  I plan to finish up my Thank you cards and hopefully send them out on Monday.  Mahalo for stopping by, I hope you are inspired!

Hugs,
Lilo

Card recipes:

HELLO with HUNNY BUNNY MARCI
Stamps: Hunny Bunny Marci (La-La Land Crafts), sentiment (C.C. Designs Amy R Stamp)
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (Tsukineko)
Patterned paper:  Love Me Do (Basic Grey)
White cardstock (Neenah), black cardstock (Recollections)
Doily
Circle Spellbinders
Corner punch (Creative Memories)
Copics:
hat: Y15, 17, 19, YR24
hair: BG000, 01, 02, 05, 07, N4
bow: R22, 35
skin: E50, 51, 01, 11
lips: RV04, 11
glasses: 110
top & gloves: B00, 01, 02, 04
skirt: R35, 37, 39, 89
necklace: R35, 39, 89
purse: Y11, 13
socks: B00, YR21, R35
shoes: YR21, 24
umbrella: Y17, R37, B04

HAPPY HALLOWEEN with KITTY KAT MARCI
Stamps: Kitty Kat Marci (La-La Land Crafts), sentiment (C.C. Designs AmyR Ghostly Greetings stamps), Haunted House (Inkadinkado Halloween Harvest Assortment)
Tuxedo Black Memento ink (Tsukineko), Black soot (Distress Inks)
Patterned paper: Halloween Thing Black Out (We R Memory Keepers)
White cs (Neenah), Black cs (Recollections)
Spooky fence die (C.C. Designs), cat die (Spellbinders Halloween Fence scenes and shapes)
Copics:
shoes: N5, BV04, BV0000
socks: YR04, 07, N4, N7 (stickles)
skirt: BV 00, 01, 02, 04, 08
flower: G20, 24, BV01, YR04 (stickles)
top: BV08, 04, 02, YR04, 07, N2 (stickles)
skin: 0, E01, 11, 50, 51
hair: 0, E40, 41, 42, 50
beanie: BV01, 02, 04, N2, 3, 4, YR04, 07 (stickles)

2 comments:

Amy said...

OMGosh Leanne these cards are too stinkin' cute! Love the colors and the fun papers you've used with both! Your coloring is just amazing and they couldn't look more spectacular! You are awesome girl! :)

Mimi said...

What adorable cards Leanne!! You've been quite busy with all these fabulous projects!! Love them ALL girl! :D