Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WOW - A touch of Metal


Hello everyone!!  It's Wednesday and time for this week's W.O.W. challenge over at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog.  Today I am the host again and today's challenge is really cool.  We want you to use a touch of metal or metallic on your card/project.   That includes, any kinds of metal, brads, plaques, eyelets, paper, etc...  You get the picture.  To see what the DT added for their touch of metal click HERE.

For my card I used metallic green paper and a metal key. 
Key to my Heart with WS Stella (TGF) & Swiss Pixie Key & Lock (CC Designs)
I bought the key probably in January and have been waiting for a chance to use it.  I think my card theme suits it and I am really stoked with how this turned out!  I chose Miss WS Stella because I wanted to practice coloring hair and using colors to make pleats (Thanks Rena) for her dress, to make it look like it was moving.  I love the hair, but could definitely use more practice on the (pleats) movement part.   The hearts were cut out using the Cricut (George font) and then dry-embossed with the swirls (on the green metallic paper) and swiss dots on the black heart and key hole.  I stamped the polka dots and the heart and key in Cottage Ivy onto kraft cs then distressed it using black soot.  (I have to mention that I hand cut the key hole, pretty simple, just drew it on black cs and then cut it out.) 

Here's a close-up of the key & heart.  Sorry the picture is so bad,  I wish you could see the metallic tones on the paper.  I'll try to take a better picture and upload at another time.

Lock & Key
If you hadn't noticed this is a gate fold card.  It measures 5"x 5" with the folds scored at 3" on each side.  Stella is actually holding the card closed. 

Gate fold opening
And of course there needs to be a sentiment somewhere right?  Well once you open the card, you'll see the message...

Sentiment - Swiss Pixies Key & Lock C.C. Designs
I masked off the heart and stamped the images in the same colors on the kraft cs.  Once I was satisfied I distressed the inside of the heart and stamped the Swiss Pixies Key & Lock (by C.C. Designs) sentiment stamp in the center of the heart.

Well friends, it's time for you to play with some metal.  I can't wait to see what you all create. 

WS-Stella

The W.O.W. challenge is open until Tuesday; entries are due by 12 PM CST.  The winner is chosen by random draw and wins a free digi of choice!  Please upload your challenge cards/projects to TGF Galleria > Farm Fresh Challenges 2011 > Which One Wednesday > Metallic.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥

Mahalo for stopping by and your continued support.  I ♥ you all!!
Hugs,
Leanne

12 comments:

Nady said...

Ta carte est superbe! bravo! j'adore l'effet de métal et avec ta clé wow c'est superbe. bravo mon amie. hugs
Nadyne xx

Amy said...

So cool Leanne! Such a perfect design for a gate fold card and the key to my heart theme fits Stella (who is looking fabulous) to a 'T'! Love how you did the inside too, awesome card! :)

Rachel Parys said...

That is very cool! I saw the thin sheets of metal at the store and was wondering how they would look. Now I'm totally going to have to get some!!! I love your color scheme and Stella! Really great card!

Mimi said...

WOW! Gorgeous colors and using the heart with Stella on the gatefold is a perfect match! The metal key is awesome! Great card Leanne!! ;)

hapagirlren said...

I love trying to read Nadyne's posts! LOL! I have to get my trusty translator out! Of course I love your card, too. I especially love the warm rich colors and you totally rocked the pleated dress and her hair is awesome :) Oh! annnnnd...I love the way you grunged it up!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this card is very adorable!!!
Hugs! Heidi B.

Cyndi said...

very creative card! and love the vintage look!

Danni said...

This is fabulous!! Very creative and wonderful!

Denice said...

I love this Leanne...great choice of colors and metal...and Stella hasn't looked better! ;D

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable, Leanne! I LOVE that super shiny metallic heart, LOVE it!

Shar said...

I love how beautiful your creations are!!!
How the heck to you get the hair so perfect and so detailed!!!
Love you

♥Rach♥ said...

SO cute, love the heart and the key w/the sentiment and Stella. All around fab combo girl!