Monday, September 5, 2011

Lollipop Crafts Challenge #47 - Double Team

Hello!!  This is my second post, please scroll down for my Farm Fresh Challenge MM post.  Thanks! :)


Handwritten by Lilo

Today begins the first day of my term as a Lollipop girl!  I am really excited to be a part of this new and fun team and can't wait to get started!

Today's Lollipop challenge: Double Team.  Use 2 stamps/images (sentiments count as 1); 2 patterned/designer papers; 2 of the same embellies (you can use more than 1 type in mulitiples of 2); & two ribbons.   Head on over to the Lollipop Crafts blog to see what Team T has to share for this challenge.

As school is just now starting for a lot of kids, I thought I would make a card with a back-to-school theme. I am using this cute back-to-school bear from Di's Digital downloads.   Isn't he the cutest bear ever?   Well I think so.   I kept the colors simple going B&W with a hint of red.  Here's my card:

Back-to-school bear - Di's Digital Downloads

I had so much fun making this card.  I distressed the inside of the square with distress inks and also did the same with the sentiment circle.  My two images are the back-to-school bear & the red apple (a.k.a. open apple stubby from Stamps by Judith) on the white bow. 

Red Apple - Stubby from Stamps by Judith
The dp/pp are the chalk board & school lined paper from October Afternoon.  The two embellies I used are the dark metallic brads on the top left corner and the bottom right corner.  The two ribbons are the white tulle and the red with white stitching.  Okie dokie, I think I got it all covered.   I rarely do anything on the inside of my cards, but thought I'd add something to the black cs.   That is the same open apple stamp and the left over school lined paper.  How cool is it that I can just write my message on the lines without worrying about it going wonky?  WAY!! hahaha!!


Alrighty, I think the only thing I haven't said was who our sponsor is this week.  

Our sponsor this week: Mel Jen's Designs

Well what did you think of my first post as a Lollipop girl?  Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I can take any and all comments like a big girl. :)   hehehe...  Mahalo for stopping by.  Have a terrific Monday!

Hugs,
Lilo


7 comments:

angie ashuk said...

I love the back to school card. Could the bear be any cuter? Thanks for sharing.

♥Rach♥ said...

Love the bow with the apple and how softly he's colored, wonderful back 2 school project!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Leanne this is so adorable! I love, love how you have colored the little bear. The apple over the bow is just the right touch, and I love the colored squares behind him. Very very sweet back to school card. Hugs, Lisa

Cyndi said...

love your card and your coloring! he is so cute! great job!

Mimi said...

he's soooo cute!! love layout and papers. fabulous coloring job!! my teenage daughter would just love him! have a great week Leanne!! ;)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

kris said...

GREAT job on your Lollipop Crafts Debut!!! the image is soooo cute and i love your take on the recipe!! simply WONDERFUL! =D