Saturday, July 9, 2011

How you doing cards...

Hello Friends,
Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday.  I'm back to share some fun and easy cards I made for my dad.  My dad normally doesn't ask me to make cards so when he does it's a big deal.  He was going to visit my aunt, his brother's wife, and asked me to make him a couple "Hey, how you doing?" cards.  I was happy to do them for him.  He said, No make em too fancy, k?  Since it was a last minute request I wanted to keep it simple and fun.  Pick an image, cardstock, fun paper and maybe an embellishment or two.  I already knew I wanted to make two circle cards.  They are pretty fast and it's very rare to receive them.  I used kraft cs for the card base and then went with a fun bright patterned papers.  Keeping in the circle theme was easy since I used some Spellbinders, an embossing folder, and let the fun papers and images for the focal points.  Unfortnately what took the longest was choosing two images.  I really didn't want to do too much coloring so I knew it had to be a small image.  I was flipping through my stamps and came across the owls from the Hoo Loves You set from TGF.  Score!  One down!


I love how fun the colors are here.  The owl looks pretty cool perched on his make-shift bar.  I wrote in that sentiment.  Thought it was funny. 


I thought to myself, why not keep it animal themed and chose another fun TGF retired set, Down by the Pond.  I chose the adorable frog.  I know he's not really an animal, more reptile, but hopefully you get the theme I was going for.  A few little changes and here is the result. 


Yes that is a cloud background, I am so lovin' how cool it looks!  I'm addicted.  LOL.  I thought I chose the perfect sentiment stamp from AmyR stamps.  When I saw it I giggled it was so perfect!


Isn't it perfect?  hehehe, still makes me giggle.  Alrighty my friends I have to get going, got a busy day ahead of me.  I'll hopefully have another share for you tomorrow.  Wow, I can't believe I've posted so many days in a row!  Mahalo for stopping to see what I've been up to.  I hope you have a fabulous day!  Take care!

Hugs,
Lilo

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

super cute! love the bold colors!

Mimi said...

Adorable cards Leanne! Super cute critters and love the colors! Have a great weekend! ;)

Sparkplug17 said...

These are darling! I love those cute little critters!

ShaniKulani said...

cute cards! love that owl...TFS!!

Tasha said...

Aw what CUTE cards these really are the cutest. Love the design and the fab images you used.
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

So cuuuute!!