Tuesday, June 7, 2011

WOW - Sketch #5

Helllloooo!!!!
 
Today there is a new sketch for this week's WOW challenge over at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog.  Hope you are excited to join in all the fun!  Here is sketch #5 designed by our awesome captain, Rachel.


Click HERE to see how the rest of the DT interpreted the sketch. 

**Disclaimer, this is going to be a pretty long post.  Why?  Because I went a bit wild and made two cards to inspire you.  hehehe..  Sorry I just couldn't help it.  : )  Most of it is just pictures, I'll try not to write too much so you can get through faster.  Enjoy!! ; )

I chose to use my two newest Oliver & Amelia images from the AHOY set to create two cards, but I flipped one of them.  Seeing as these two are in their nautical wear I chose to use the same themed papers and colored them with reds, whites & blues. 
First up is Amelia:
I added the sentiment so there is an extra element to the sketch, the circle.  The anchor is glittered with stickles and is part of the stamp set as well as the Ahoy! sentiment.  If you look at the two left corners, you will see star punch-outs with white stitching and two stars.  Since the dp had so many cool elements, I thought the punched out corners would be cool.  Adding the stars & stitches to the dark blue paper really make it pop.  Here is a close up of this darling little girl. 
I have to say, I am so lovin' how her hair turned out.  Also, love her cute outfit in red with the blue accents.  Now here is sailor Oliver in his dress blues...
As you can see I flipped this card to go the opposite direction, but still kept the sketch in mind.  Yes, the elements are the same as the card above with a few differences.  And here is a close up of this cutie...
I'm so glad I used both of these images to create two separate cards.  I had so much fun creating them and using Rachel's sketch helped me tremendously.  I probably would have only had 1 card if I didn't have a sketch to play with.  With that being said, I hope you get a chance to play along.  : )

  • Use any TGF image (digis or rubbah, they all rock! )
  • Upload your card/project to the TGF Galleria>Farm Fresh Challenges 2011>Which One Wednesday>Sketch #5
  • Contest open until Tuesday, 12 pm CST.
  • Winner will be randomly chosen and win a digital image of choice
  • Have fun!
Mahalo for stopping by!  Until next time my friends...  AHOY!!
Hugs,
Lilo
********
Card Recipe:
Stamps:  O&A Ahoy set (The Greeting Farm)
Inks: Black tuxedo & London fog ( Memento), Crimson pigment ink (Colorbox)
Papers: White, kraft & red cs (Neenah), Dark blue (The Paper Co - Deep blue sea), Nautical paper (DCWV - Nantucket stack)
Stickles, clear embossing powder
Twine (Amelia card)
Star gems (Darice)
Circle punches (SU! & Marvy Uchida), stars border punch (American Girl), corner punch (Fiskars)
White gel pen (Sakura)
Copics:
(AMELIA)
Skin: E000, 00, 11, R20; Hair: C3, 5, 7, 10; Clothes: B23, 32, R22, 27, 29; Shoes: R22, 27
(OLIVER)
Skin:E000, 00, 11; Hair: E25, 29, 33; Clothes: R22, 27, 29, B93, 95, 97; Shoes: B93, 95, 97; Hat: R22, 27, 29, B93, 95, 97

14 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Super cute cards, Leanne! I love how you shared both Oliver and Amelia. You chose the perfect patterned papers, too! Hope you're having a great week!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

They're both such adorable cards! Your coloring is beautiful! and these papers are perfect! Lovely and very inspiring :)
hugs, margie

Sparkplug17 said...

They are just precious!

Amy said...

These are super cute Leanne! I love how you made a matching pair of cards with O&A and I love the nautical theme! Awesome inspiration!

♥Rach♥ said...

Love how you used the anchor, I had the same idea, but yours came out way better, lol! The star border is so cool, these are so fun!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie gorgeous creations, two cute images and gorgeous details, i love gf images they are so cute, these are amazing, hugs pops x

Denice said...

OMG, so stinkin' cute! Your coloring is fantabulous! Thx for the inspiration!

kris said...

FABULOUS cards sistah!! LOVE the sketch!! this is a must add to my faves!! hehe!

Danni said...

What cutie pie cards!

1LuvnMama said...

Cheehoo girl! Aye, aye, aye . . . luv, luv, luv Leanne! You definitely went far and beyond creating just one card, but 2! Awesome -- such inspiration!

Nady said...

Wow elles sont magnifiques tes cartes! un beau petit couple hihi bravo j'adore!!!
hugs
Nadyne xx

Tammi said...

Oh these are adorable!! Love the theme and your coloring, hair looks fantastic! I still can't do black hair, lol! Thanks for your sweet comments. :) ~hugs

Alice said...

awwww.... too cute! such an adorable set of cards. fabulous work, Leanne!

Unknown said...

These are wonderful! Love the DP you used! Very fun!