Thursday, June 23, 2011

FFF - July 4th

To get to my COPICal blog hop post, please click HERE!

***********

Happy Friday everyone!! 
Today over at the Farm Fresh Challenge blog we are celebrating July 4th!  Make sure you stop by the Farm Fresh challenge blog to see what the other ladies on the DT have to inspire and amaze you with. 

Now as you know I already did my tribute to July 4th as one of my favorite holidays.  So today I wanted to share a different kind of July 4th tradition I started with 4 of my friends a couple of years ago.  If any of you are familiar with Anime, you will probably know what I am talking about.  Like I mentioned, for the past couple of years my friends and I have been attending Anime Expo, it's like CHA, but all devoted to Anime, Manga and that genre.  It's such a fun convention, because most of the people dress up as their favorite anime characters.  You get to meet a lot of artists who make their living off of drawing as well as meeting some of the artists who create the programs.  Yes, most of these are cartoons, but I have no problem with that because I will always be a kid a heart.   One of my favorite anime series is called BLEACH


Described by Wikipedia: The main character is a 15-year old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki.  He becomes a Shinigami, aka soul reaper or Death God, after he is given the powers by another Shinigami, Rukia Kuchiki.  As a human he is a regular teenage boy, but when he is called in to action his soul becomes the Shinigami form and this is how he is able to help the departed souls find their way to the afterlife.  He is all about the under dog and defending the helpless.  Doesn't always conform to the "rules" of the Soul Society, the leaders of the Shinigami, but he is always the one that everyone goes to.  Can you imagine being a 15-year old with that kind of responsibility?  I love the adventures, the storyline, the images and just the overall series. 
Bleach is a Japanese shōnen manga series written and illustrated by Noriaki "Tite" Kubo. Bleach follows the adventures of Ichigo Kurosaki after he obtains the powers of a Soul Reaper (死神 Shinigami?, literally, "Death God") —a death personification similar to the Grim Reaper—from another Soul Reaper, Rukia Kuchiki. His newfound powers force him to take on the duties of defending humans from evil spirits and guiding departed souls to the afterlife.

Ichigo Kurasaki
So for my share I chose to go as close to Ichigo as I could.  Featuring Kendo Chibi with a semi-Ichigo colored hairstyle, he is ready to do battle against an evil demon.  Ready to turn his Zanpakto, sword or main weapon of a Shinigami, in to it's ultimate form, he yells the word, "BANKAI!"
A Zanpakutō (斬魄刀; literally, soul-cutter sword) is the main weapon of the Shinigami.
Unfortunately it does not cooperate, but turns into a Kendo stick instead.  That's why he looks upset! hahaha!  Thought I'd make this one a funny one.


What I thought was cool was that the colors of the Bleach logo are red, white & blue!  So it sorta does tie in to the July 4th interpretation, just in a different way. ;)  I tried to create the sentiment to match the Bleach logo, not too bad.. hahaha..

Okie dokie, enough fun for me, now it's time for you to create your own 4th of July theme.  Can't wait to see what you create!!  And as always, have fun with it.  I sure did!  :)

Please upload your project by Thursday, 12 pm CST.  The winner will receive a free TGF image of choice.  Upload your card to TGF Gallery>Farm Fresh Challenges 2011> Farm Fresh Friday>4th of July.



Mahalo for stopping by, have a wonderful Friday!!
Hugs,
Lilo


Card recipe:
Kendo Chibi digi (TGF)
Red, Blue cs (Bazzil), white cs (Neenah)
Copic markers:
Skin: E21, E00
Hair: YR04, R08, RV29
Kendo stick: Light brown, Sun tan (Deleter Neopiko 2)
Gi: N7, N10 (Copic) Natural gray (Deleter Neopiko 2)
Japanese designed embossing folders (Cuttlebug)

5 comments:

1LuvnMama said...

OH YEAH BABY! You are totally AMAZING Leanne! You are so on it with pairing Kendo Chibi to be Ichigo. Luv the different take on the red, white, and blue! You are my idol Ms. Clever! Have a great weekend!

Sammi said...

AWESOME!! LOVE this .. how fun! I did love reading your post too! LOVE the pairing lol!
Sammi
xx

♥Rach♥ said...

AHHHH, I get it now! I knew you had a backstory to this card. That sounds like so much fun Miss Leanne, you get to do so much fun stuff there in CA!

Amy said...

LOL! I LOVE your take on the challenge Leanne! Awesome job on Ichigo, the chibi looks so close! Super fun card! :)

Nady said...

Ta carte est superbe! j'adore la coloration de ton image. Mon fils adore cette image, il trouve ta carte très jolie.
bon week-ends
hugs
Nadyne xx