Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Quietly waiting

Happy Tuesday! I made this card for the CA&F Mystery Monday case of Kim Yu's card. Isn't Kim's card fabulous? She is so creative with her projects, sigh, so much talent, she's so lucky and we are lucky that we get to drool over them, yea? hehehe...
Well I thought I would play along, trying to get back in the groove of participating in some challenges. I used one of the Dressy Anya's for this card. She is the quiet Miss sitting and waiting patiently for something wonderful to happen to her. Um, like being showcased on a card?! haha. Can you believe I've never inked her up? I thought she needed to be showcased and this setting was perfect. I used some awesome dp from K&Company and used my newest border punch from Recollections. Yes, they now have a line of cool border punches at Michael's. Believe me I know, lol..
I used some raffia for the ribbon and for the button I pulled one out of the cute flower buttons in red that I received from Jenny V.
I glittered the pretty bow on her hat & her shoes and used some green gems on the flowers and the corners of the card. I believe this also qualifies for the Lollipop Craft's Glitter, Sparkle, Gems challenge #9. I have to confess that I love how this turned out. Especially with the red border for the cool dp. Sigh, sometimes I surprise myself. Must be Kim's inspirational card. I'm planning to mail this out to one of my dearest friends for her birthday. Hope she likes it. Hope you all get to play along with either or both challenges. Have a wonderful day and as always, MAHALO for stopping by.
(10/1) I actually made this card for my good friend and fellow crafter Kathy, but didn't want her to know about it via my post. I surprised her with it today, which is her actual birthday. She was cracking up when I gave it to her, but I think very happily surprised.
***********
I will update the supplies later.

5 comments:

Joy said...

very cute...love how she's sitting and the layout is sweet. have a good week!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Leanne! I love the papers you used! Very pretty colors! Love that border punch too! Yup, I saw all those new border punches at Michael' as well! LOL I was so tempted to get one or two! Thanks so much fo playing along with us at Lollipop Crafts! Thank you so much for always supporting us, Leanne!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the colours :)

Mimi said...

fabulous card Leanne! love the beautiful colors and Miss Anya looks so swet! ;)

Diane Davies said...

Beautiful card! I just love Anya. Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. : )