Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Madison's Angel

Madison's Angel Good Morning! Happy Wednesday! I have a quik post this morning, then I'm off to work.
A month ago I made this set, frame & card, for one of my closest friend's daughter Madison. She was baptized and I was unable to make the blessed event. I am finally going to be able to give this to her so wanted to share before I forget.
I used Angel Anya, one of my favorite TGF stamps, and colored her with light browns. For her dress, wings, and bow I paper-pieced a piece of embossed cardstock using a flower embossing folder. (Hope you can see the details)
First up, the frame. I went very simple with this design, going for a cloud like background and the words "A Day to Remember" which I cut out using the Hello Kitty Groovy alphabet die cut from Sizzix. For the clouds, I just used Copic B000 and made swirls all around the paper. Love the effect. I mod-podged the frame for the glossy look.
Because I liked the way the frame looked, I thought I would keep the card very simple as well. So simple that I mimicked the Angel and cloud background and then mounted it on a white scalloped circle card. Okie dokie, that's all for now.
I've got volleyball league tonight so there might not be another post until tomorrow. I'm working on some baby stuff and will try to post something soon. Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday. Mahalo for stopping by!!
********
Supplies:
Circle frame: Art Mind's-Michael's
Paper: White cs-Neenah
Stamp: Angel Anya- The Greeting Farm
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento; white gel pen-Sakura
Die-cut: Hello Kitty Groovy alphabet-Sizzix
Flowers embossing folder-Sizzix
Copics: Booo;E21,R20;E11,13

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The frame and the card are so adorable! TFS Big hugs.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh look how ADORABLE.

Angela said...

Oh Leanne this is so precious!!! I love making picture frames for people and personalizing them for the person I make them for!! I have frames in my cabinet just waiting for me to decorate them!lol!! I bet Madison loved this!! SO SWEET of you!!
Hugs:)
Angela