Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Ashley

Good morning! I have a card to share. I made it for a teenager whom I've never met. You might ask well why? There are some ladies in our office that have taken these young girls under their wings, they call themselves the MV angels. Every month they deliver a cake on the young lady's birthday. They have opened up the sharing to the rest of us and we get to volunteer to deliver a cake as well. Now you get it? :) There are 6 girls who are having birthdays for the month of August and I chose Ashley. She's turning 14 today. Instead of just a cake I wanted to give her a card to remember that her birthday is extra special. Since I wasn't too sure what Ashley likes I went with a black, white & hot pink theme. What young teenager does not like those colors?
I chose WS-Summer, from the TGF WS-Roll Call kit, for the main character because she's always smiling.. lol... I had to go with the "A reason to smile" sentiment from the same kit. For the inside I stamped "Happy Birthday". Colored her in blacks, grays and white with an added touch of hot pink for her hair ribbons. Went simple with the rest of the card, hot pink card, black border, black w/ white dots dp.
My supervisor and I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a cake then dropped it off, but we didn't get a chance to meet Ashley. I'm sure she's enjoying the cake and hopefully the card. Ok, heading out to run errands. Hope you have a great afternoon and I'll be back later to post another card I made, the theme is babies. Mahalo for stopping by!
****************
Supplies:
Papers: Hot pink card-DCWV cs|white cs-Neenah|black cs-Recollections|black w/ white dots-Making Memories
Stamps: WS-Summer & sentiment-TGF WS Roll Call kit
Inks: Black tuxedo-Memento| white gel pen-Sakura
Copics: C00,02,04,05,07,09,10|0|RV04
Spellbinders: Lg deckled rectangles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super cute card! TFS :)