Sunday, August 22, 2010

CMC-Grass challenge

Hello, I'm back with my final card post for today. Color Me Copic is having their 2nd challenge this week. They want us to use Kim's grass tutorial to create a card. The prize? Two free digis from Karber's digital images. That is so cool of Berenice to sponsor their challenge. There are some cute images, hope you get a chance to check out both sites.
For my card I used the cute pair of friends, Darby & Penelope from Amy's Sweet November stamp line. I have been wanting to ink these two adorable gals since I bought them at ATS. Glad I waited for this moment. Since they were sitting down, I could picture them sitting in a field of grass and flowers. I think I used too much green, so I took my black Memento pen and made grass like strokes. I don't think it made it any better, but at least it gave some dimension to some of the areas. For the sentiment I used the stamp from TGF O&A Buddies. It seemed fitting. I think I'll give this one to my mom. She asked me for a retirement card for her best friend. Not sure if this qualifies, so I'll let her decide. Ok, this will be the last post for me. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. Sweet dreams my friends... Mahalo for stopping by!
**********
Supplies:
Papers: Green, white, brown cs-Neenah
Stamps: Darby & Penelope-C.C. Designs Sweet November line; sentiment- O&A Buddies TGF
Inks: Black tuxedo ink pad and pen-Memento; white gel pen-Sakura
Copics: E11,39,79,95;YG03,17,25;G07,17,99;BG0000,07,32,49;YR07,16;Y15,17;R29,C7,0
**********
CMC challenge #2 update: I didn't win, but my card had the honor of being showcased with 2 beautiful cards. That's just as good in my book. HAGD!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet card! Your coloring is awesome. Great job. I love the image you used, I have the stamp too, is super cute :)

Amy said...

I love your grass Leanne! The black is a brilliant idea for shading the tall grass and I think it adds a lot of depth to your deep grassy meadow...and you just know there are a lot of those in Sweet November land! ;) Thanks for playing along with the CMC challenge!

♥Rach♥ said...

Completely adorable, you totally rocked the technique out girl!! Thanks for joining us at CMC, I appreciate your support you are really such a sweetheart :0)

donna mikasa said...

Awww...this is sooo sweet, Leanne! Wish I could sit with them in your cool grass! Love this!!