Friday, July 16, 2010

Aloha Friday

Aloha Friday everyone! I'm back! It's been awhile and much too long since my last post. I'll try to catch up with some posts of the projects I've done hopefully this weekend. All I can say is I've missed this part of my day. It's been soooo HOT here in Los Angeles and yesterday we had a freak storm which lasted 20 minutes and a fantastic rainbow was the result. The bad thing is that although it rained it was still about 80 degrees! Ugh! We are expected to be in the 90's-100's this weekend =/ it would be a great time to be in doors crafting with the a/c on. Cross your fingers for no rolling black-outs. :)
Ok on to the the post: Have you been over to see the latest Color Me Copic blog post yet? If you haven't please go and check it out. On Wednesday, Rachel Schneider posted a cool tutorial on coloring with black & white and also issued their first challenge which can be found here. Isn't it great?!

I've never had the opportunity to do a black and white colored image, but after seeing the results from the tutorial I had to try it. It was fun and I love the result! For this card I used Fleur Anya from The Greeting Farm. I also used Copics C00-C10 to color Fleur Anya:

Not too bad. I'd like to practice more on the shading, but for my first time I likes it. :) For the rest of the card I went with a cool but simple dp, added some photo corners, a sentiment and mounted it all on a black card:
If you haven't tried this technique and would like to see more, check out the details here.

Mahalo for stopping by, have a fantastic evening and a great weekend! ;)

*********************

Supplies:
Paper: white, black, silver cardstock: RecollectionsDP: Tahiti Beach Stack: DCWV
Stamps: Fleur Anya, Aloha sentiment: The Greeting Farm
Ink: black tuxedo: Memento
Copic markers: C00-C10, 0
Punches: small oval & scalloped oval: Stampin' Up!photo corners: EK

5 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

This came out WONDERFUL Leanne! You did such a great job with the B&W and I love the whole card, thanks so much for joining the first CMC challenge ;0)

Amy said...

This is so elegant Leanne, your coloring is fabulous, Fleur looks beautiful! Thanks for playing along with our first CMC challenge!

Cami said...

Wow Leanne, I love how your card turned out. You did fab with the black and white. I MUST try this now; you have inspired me! Are you a "transplant" from Hawaii to California? LOL! If you are, I'm sure your heart is still with us here in the islands! Thanks for stopping by, and I'll be following up with you! Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

Such a nice card! Your coloring is awesome. Thanks for sharing :)

donna mikasa said...

Hi Leanne! Fleur turned out great in B&W--love your card!