Friday, June 11, 2010

Sweet ride

Happy Friday! It feels like forever since I last posted or even crafted! So without further ado here's a card I made for my volleyball friend who is turning 30! She's an avid surfer so of course I had to try and duplicate her in a card. That's just how I roll... LOL..
Using the WCW Kelly's sketch from the CA&F challenge I made this simple yet a little bit complex card.
The complex part was the alteration using 3 separate TGF stamps. The simple part was the sketch itself. I used WS-Summer; Surfer Ian & Mermaid Anya to create my surfer Anya this time. Summer resembles my friend Molly out of all the girls. Choosing some blues, greens and some browns because I relate those colors with the ocean I used these colors to highlight certain areas of the card. I added some flowers and a cool brad in the corner. The ribbon matches her outfit which was a plus to use. It took me a while to figure out which pp I wanted to use, had to have that surfer feel. I used some scraps from my last surfer girl card and brought in some new pp. All in all I like how this turned out.
Mahalo for stopping by!!
Supplies: Cream card - Hanko|PP-DCWV|brad-Basic Grey|die-cut labels (Spellbinders)|

2 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

CUTE!!! Great altering, love the layout and colors too, so creative Leanne! Hugs girl :0)

Angela said...

Love the way you altered this Leanne!! She is so adorable!!
Hugs:)
Angela