Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flowers for You

I used the same sketch but forgot to put on the ribbon before I adhered the layered papers! (Oy vay!) In the end, I don't think I needed it. I used Rosalie with Roses and put her as a centerpiece on the card. Using soft and dark colors pulled this card together for me. I based the colors off of that really pretty dp from My Mind's Eye (Pretty Please "Pink Floral" Paper) I know the roses contradict, but that's ok. I also dry embossed the dp and the blue paper. I was so pleased with the coloring of Rosalie. Oh! I paper pieced her dress using 3 different papers that tie the whole card together. The dark brown cardstock just added that little something to make it pop. I love the sakura flower in the corner, it was inspired by the one in the dp.
Thanks for looking!
Aloha!
Supplies:
Stamp: Rosalie with roses (Swiss Miss fr CC Designs)
Ink/Markers: Tuxedo blk (Memento); Copics; clear sparkle gel pen (Sakura)
Papers: dp (Pretty Please "Pink Floral" paper fr My Mind's Eye) dp rose colored glasses (g*c*d studios); Berrylicious & vibrant blue cs (Bazzil); dark brown cs & white card
Dry embossed with dots (Cuttlebug) & flowers (SU)
Punches: Med and sm 5 petal sakura punches & small sun (Carl Carla Crafts)
Die Cuts: Circle cutter (Kreaxions); mid-sized scallop circle (Nestabilities)

No comments: