Monday, March 8, 2010

A card for Dustin & Kristan

Happy Monday evening. I hope your week has started off with promise for a great week.. Mine was a good day. A lot of hiccups at work, but nothing that couldn't be handled. Just wanna let you know this might be a long one.. haha.. =)
As you know I went to Las Vegas this weekend. The weather could have been a lot better, but this beggar can't be choosy, especially when Mother Nature is involved. Although I can say, that I've never seen snow on the mtns in Vegas, and boy it was breathtaking especially with the dark clouds in the backdrop. I wish I had taken pictures, but I was driving...
Well the main reason for my visit to LV was to celebrate my cousin Dustin and his nuptials to his fiancee Kristan. They were married at the chapel at the Mandalay Bay hotel on a cold and overcast Sunday. The ceremony was short and sweet. The bride looked beautiful in her white gown and I must say my cousin looked like he'd just come from a red carpet event, he looked pretty hot! Hey I'm biased, but he's my cousin so gotta give him some love. =)
Here's a picture of the happy couple at the reception:
So I didn't have a lot of time to make their card, literally finished a few minutes before we hit the road. I believe it took me an hour.. Major crunch time. For a rushed card, I really loved the result. I wanted to make something that would match their invitation, but still keep my signature on it. I used their theme colors on the invite, bronzy orange and a shimmery berry. Here is the invitation:
I used a bronzy shiney cardstock, dark pumpkin card and some berry paper. Matching ribbon with similar colors, some embossing, a stamped couple and some flowers to round out the card. Swirls, dots and shimmer. Texture, texture, texture.. Here's the final result, sorry it is a not so clear picture but I like how the shadows make the card look dark to light as you look at it from top to bottom..
Do you see it? Haha, maybe it's just my imagination.. Ok, here is a clearer picture, but not so dreamy:
Not too bad for a phone camera huh? A little tidbit: the oval that the couple is stamped on was pure white. I used copics R32 & R35 around the couple to make it less "white." It took me a few minutes to make this affect. Lots of blending. But the result was just what I wanted. With the same Copic colors I colored four primas and was pleasantly surprised how well they matched. I used 4 clear stones on the primas and two at the top of the card for dimension, but the thing that stood out to me were the embossed scalloped oval and the frame. Is it too much? Ah well, it was a Vegas wedding so I think my card qualifies. haha... Here are a couple more pictures, just of the center pieces and the cake..

The center piece for the couple's table:

The cake:

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest card! Hope you all have a good week!
Aloha!
Supplies:
Stamps: Couple & swirls (To Have & To Hold ~ Stampin' Up) & Sentiment (Kolette Hall)
Paper: Pumpkin card (Hanko); Fire heart cs (Bazzil); Copper cardstock (Stardream); white drawing paper (Canson)
Accessories: Orange to copper chiffon ribbon; 6 clear to copper stones
Inks/Markers: Tuxedo blk, potter's clay & rhubarb stalk inks (Memento); R32, R35, R20, C07, C08, C10,E47, E13, Y32 (Copics); clear shimmery & white gel pens (Sakura)
Embossed items used: Swirls and Dots (Cuttlebug)
Die cuts: Oval and scallop oval (Nestabilities)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your card is beautiful Leanne! Perfect image and I love how it was inspired by their invitation! All your pics are great, looks like you had a wonderful time!