Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm back..

It's been so crazy at work, that I don't have time to make updates. I have the day off tomorrow so I have sometime now.. Let's see it's Thursday and we had rain on Monday and snow on the mtns Tuesday morning. It was a beautiful sight. Wednesday I had a mad dash to finish shopping for our 2nd annual Leader in Me luncheon for the children at the local schools that we sponsor. Got what I needed and then came home to wrap and make two cards for the two kids I was sponsoring.
This first card was for a 1st grader named Joshua. He wanted a new soccer ball and some books. I was bummed I didn't have soccer Ian, but it was for a Christmas present so I used TGF's Santa Ian.. He is super cute.. I made it easy on myself by using some premade cards from DCWV. All I need was to add Santa Ian and some other accessories for dimension.. Here's what I came up with:


The other child I sponsored was a 5th grader named Kelly. Kelly is very smart and talented. She loves to draw, Manga/Anime is what she likes best. She drew a really awesome little Manga girl on her profile page. I had to pick her! Kelly asked for a drawing pad and a computerized note pad (graphic arts use). I wasn't able to get her the note pad, but I did make it up to her by getting her some prismacolored pencils, a couple of different types of drawing pads, a manga pen/pencil drawing set, a set of markers and threw in some Manga drawing books I picked up the last time i was at carpe diem... She enjoyed the who kit and kaboodle... Since she is in to Manga it gave me the great opportunity to use my Manga stamp from Sugar Nellie. I also used another pre-made card from the DCWV stack, punched out some snowflakes, stamped and colored the little girl and cut out a sentiment that reads, "Hangin' out for Santa" Needless to say, Kelly enjoyed all the presents and loved the card... Another satisfied customer... Here's the card I made for Kelly:


Until next time, good nite...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Isn't it fun to give gifts to kids, and those are the perfect cards to go with them! Stamps definitely take those premade cards to the next level!